Prologue: Isles rise, Kingdoms fall

Centuries ago we lived on the surface of the earth. The mountains were the highest we could climb and the ocean was the lowest we could go.

Then we discovered the Starstone. A large and powerful star hovering over the tallest mountain. Because of this stone dragons started appearing.

From the flames and storm clouds they came flying. From the dirt and leaves dragons appeared. From the light and shadows those magnificent creatures appeared.

We lived in perfect harmony. On the backs of dragons we could fly even higher.

But this was never fated to last. Prophets had cautioned it, the people begged it, The High Priest Kagan warned him, but nobody could convince the wicked King Leon to not try to steal the power of the Starstone.

All that energy caused a massive burst all over the world. Different biomes broke off from the earth and started floating up into the sky. High Priest Kagan had built an arc from some of the last vestiges of human and dragonkind to find safety from the shaking land to the new isles in the sky.

What came up couldn't come back down. Then it was apparent there was a curse over the lands in the sky.

The Starstone was a goddess.

For King Leon's sins everyone who was on Kagan's arc remained trapped above the earth. The dragons bore punishment for not stopping the King but nobody knows what exactly it was.

Small starstone fragments turned into what is called 'Fate orbs'. Powerful relics scattered across the floating isles that keep everything bound. To end the curse you must take the orbs to the well. The Well of Earth, the lowest isle anyone can journey too.

But it's all a myth; isn't it? Don't give me that look. Let's change the world. Fight against the curse. A group of noble warriors traveling across the isles to save us all.