Chapter 6: Unity {Luna}

I wake up in a camp now illuminated by daylight. A girl with choppy powder blue hair and black eyes is doing jumping jacks. Another girl with moss green hair in a high ponytail is sharpening her spear while sitting on the back of a Barely. A girl with brown hair in a stubby braid is shooting a tree with her arrows. Morningdew and a seeker play catch with her lightning orb. Leif is sitting comfortably on a tree branch, eating an apple. Aeolus, Tempest, and Dev are all chatting by the tents. Leif spots me and waves me over.

"Hey!" He greets.

"I think I have an answer to your question"

"Sick! I'm all ears!"

"Being an adult isn't all that different from being a kid. You ride dragons, go on your own adventures, and try to have a big smile on your face while doing it. Deep down all adults are kids with more responsibility."

"Woah. That's deep. Thank you."

"You seem pretty young to even be an academy graduate, what's your story?"

"I was born a prodigy. I could think fast to evade any dangerous situation I put myself in. Once I stopped a raging Barnacle Goose from killing me through means a kid my age couldn't have come up with. After Mom and Dad saw the knocked out dragon and me standing in one piece they rushed me into Tamer Academy, hoping I'd graduate with Military Honors and go on to become a high ranking military man"

"I'm guessing that didn't happen"

"It all started when I got my Stoney, Pebbles. Mom and Dad hoped they'd hand me a Fores after seeing my record. I was too smart for my own good. Skipped classes that taught basics I was already familiar with, ditched after school team training to hang out with other 'delinquents', I would have graduated 3 years ago if the teachers didn't hold me back for skipping classes"

"Impressive"

"Meh. When people keep on praising you it eventually feels empty and numb. My parents called me an ungrateful gifted child and sent me to Aunt Tempest hoping her military training and iron fist would correct me."

"She's your aunt?"

Now that I see Leif's hair in the morning light there are some traces of magenta hue in his dark swamp green hair. The green eyes are a similar shade. I guess when you look close enough you can see it.

"Attention soldiers! We have some old friends of mine visiting the camp! Treat them with honor and respect!" Tempest commands.

"Ah, looks like I have to be more 'knightly' to you." Leif sighs.

"Line up and introduce yourselves!"

The 4 all stop their exercises and line up in military formation. Leif's face looks only half serious. Their dragons stand at each soldier's right. Tempest walks down the line. She stops in front of the girl with the ponytail.

"Calla Lily. Spearswoman. Dragon: Barely named Ringo. Reporting for duty"

Tempest continues and stops in front of the girl with blue hair.

"Sai Posiontip. Fistfighter. Dragon: Seeker named Searcher. Reporting for duty"

Tempest continues and stops at the brown-haired woman.

"Valkyrie Golem. Archer. Dragon: Ammit named Legend. Reporting for duty"

Tempest stops in front of Leif and gives him a disapproving glare. Leif sighs.

"Leif B. Stoner. Strategist. Dragon: Stoney named Pebbles."

"And?" Tempest scowls.

"Reporting for duty" Leif huffs.