Chapter 4: Sand, Flames, & Stone {Dev}

We wake up and are treated to a nice breakfast of scorched lamb, spice bread, and 3 mugs of pepper cider. Typical Fire Isle, everything is either spicey or cooked to a fine crisp.

"Courtesy of Chef Rubyroll and Chef Ashlyn" The waitress tells us.

Who needs an oven if you have a fire dragon in the kitchen? Everything is nice and warm. The food isn't a miserably hot kind of spice like our last visit. Once we're finished we set out for the arena.

The place is already incredibly packed. Some merchants are already selling snacks. We got tickets yesterday so we should be able to get a seat.

"Introducing our SparkFlame champions back for an encore; Blaze and his Burns; Volcano and Ember and her Pyralis; Victory!" an unseen officiant annonces.

The 2 fly out of the flaming entrance gate. Nobody wants to fight a Pyralis. Good luck Cobalt and Silver!

"From Ironclaw Faction we now present: Cobalt Copper and his Evil Beast; Champion, Silver Alloy and her Keydorah; Bloodbath" the officiant declares.

The 2 fly out of the iron gates with such determination in their eyes.

"And back again, the Ironclaw champion from years prior; Tungsten Copper and her Silver thorn; Bullet!" the officiant adds.

An older woman with white hair and green eyes flies out of the gate. The crowd roars with excitement. Cobalt and Silver look up at her with admiration. Silver thorns are incredibly dangerous, I'm probably gonna make some good money off my bet.

"What are you 3 doing in those seats? Follow me!" An arena attendant tells us.

We get up and start moving as the officiant continues announcements.

"For our wildcards; Desmond Beast and his Genie; Nutters,"

We start cheering for Desmond but the officiant continues.

"Aeolus Glider and her Shadow; Nightlight, Dev Guardian and her Aurita, Coralstinger, and last but not least, Luna Mangrove and her Fairy; Morningdew"

We are sent behind the champion gates. I turn to Desmond.

"How dare you sign us up without our consent! Are you trying to get us killed? Have you seen what dangerous dragons we're going to be put up against? We're not as well trained in battle as you!" I snap.

"I swear I didn't do this! I would never do that to Aeo!" Desmond retorts.

The gate pulls up and we have to enter battle. Well, this isn't good. Strength in numbers, right? Aeo clears her throat.

"Desmond; you aim your attacks at Sparkflame, Dev; aim your attacks on Ironclaw Luna; make sure to keep healing us, and I'll apply additional cover if I can" Aeo orders.

Got it!

"What about Sandsun?" I ask.

"And introducing the solo Sandsun champion; Dune Raider and his Topaz; Treasure" the officiant concludes.

Dune flies out with a Behemoth. That was the dark energy I was sensing. A dark dragon is in the arena! Anything but dark dragons!

"That can't be right, dark dragons were not allowed in the arena after a horrible tragedy last year. A rider and dragon were both maimed so badly both died" Desmond recalls.

At the sound of the horn battle begins. The Behemoth immediately starts aggressively fighting. Blaze and Volcano are his first targets.

"Ember help me!" Blaze cries.

Ember and Victory ride in and attack the Behemoth.

"By the king, what is that?" Ember shouts.

"It's a Behemoth!" Cobalt replies.