Chapter 8: Miracles {Luna}

We return to camp and pretend to sleep in the tents. Leif eats some more mushrooms as he watches the sky.

"Rise soldiers! It's a new morning! We have to meet up with Bruce during tree guardianship trials today!" Tempest shouts.

The others exit their tents. We all groggily come out.

"Oh! You 3 can continue resting, I'll tell the others to keep there training grunts quieter"

We go back inside to get some much needed rest. Leif comes to join the drills.

"LEIF BIRBAN STONER!" Tempest suddenly snaps.

"Ouch! Middle name!" Sai cackles.

"Leif is in trouble~" Calla teases.

"Nice to know you 2 have my back" Leif huffs.

Does she know he snuck away from the camp? Will we get arrested?

"What did I tell you about leaving your half-eaten disgusting mushroom snacks around the camp? You know it's not good for the grass!"

"I was really hungry last night"

"Clean them up!"

Leif rushes to comply. I start dozing off.

"Move out!" Tempest suddenly snaps.

At least I think I got some sleep. Dev and Aeolus get up. We all move out the tent.

"I can't leave you at the camp, come with us" Tempest tells us.

Aeolus and Dev start packing up the camp. Leif looks oddly fidgety. Within moments we move out to the Yggdrasil.

"Oh by Harvest!" Calla exclaims.

"It's- woah- I just can't-" Valkyrie stammers in wonder.

I look up to see the already beautiful tree covered in all kinds of colorful flowers. Morningdew does an air flip in joy. The colorful wish fruits of the tree seem to look ever brighter.

"Commander Tempest! Greetings!" a brawny man on the back of a Batwing greets.

"Bruce Fury, greetings"

Leif slides over to me.

"He's in love with her," he whispers.

He picks a red mushroom off the back of Pebbles and starts eating with a pleased expression.

"It's a real miracle!" Aeolus exclaims.

Valkyrie and Bruce make rounds around the tree. Calla and Sai lie on the back of their dragons and relax. Morningdew looks very pleased at this sight. Aeolus grabs mine and Dev's hand and drags us to the foot of the tree.

"Make a wish!" Aeolus exclaims.

We all close our eyes and place a hand on the tree.

I wish for, home.

We all open our eyes and head back to the group. Everyone is opening food satchels and snacking on whatever plants they have available.

"Leif, aren't Rocky mushrooms poisonous?" Sai asks.

"Only to other dragons" Leif replies, mouthful of mushroom.

"Then what is that toxic smell coming from Pebbles?" Calla coughs.

"Probably me, haven't bathed in weeks" Leif shrugs.

"Not even a dip in Water Isle lakes could clean you!" Sai coughs.

Calla turns to us.

"How come you guys aren't suffocating in his stink?"

"When you're an adventurer, it's rare to have a consistent bathing schedule. Can go weeks without a single wash only to arrive at some fancy inn and get free baths everyday. You end up getting used to the stink with a lack of a schedule like that" Dev explains.

"We know it's really bad when Coralstinger starts spraying us," Aeolus adds.

Coralstinger starts shooting water at Leif, soaking him.

"Be grateful she isn't going to electrocute you" Dev cackles.

"Your adventurers? Cool! Any fun stories?" Calla asks.

"Bar fight at Angel wing, the morality scale elders, breaking into some holy temple and pissing off the isle leaders. I'd put that Light Isle trip in the top 5" Dev laughs.

"Remember the archery duels? That one guy challenged me only to get an arrow where it hurts most. That's what that little green eyed scammer deserved! Tried baiting us to a fake orb location death trap just to make a quick buck!" Aeolus recaps.

There I go, lonely again. Nightlight, Coralstinger, and Morningdew bonding like true dragons. Aeolus and Dev bonding over memories I was never part of.

I catch an orange fruit glimmer as it falls from the sacred tree. That orange fruit was from the branch I put my hand under. Home?