Chapter 7: Abundance {Luna}

Night falls upon the Isle. Leif is wide awake chewing on mushrooms. Dev and Aeolus are sitting restless.

"Where is your friend?" Dev quietly huffs.

"Colive will be here any second now. She should have the replacements." Leif replies.

A dark shadow flying overhead drops a sack. Leif grabs it and feels around in it.

"Heimdallrs and Nature crystals painted tomato red. Colive never fails" Leif cackles.

"Is that dragon flying to the statue?" Aeolus asks.

"It's Colive's signal. She'll meet us at the statue. You've picked which one of you 3 will fly Abundance down to the well, right? That person will have to meet us at the Yggdrasil pretty quickly" Leif explains.

Aeolus steps forward. Leif nods. Morningdew comes and gives Pebbles some kind of hug.

"Sorry you can't come with us. You need to use your poison mushrooms to keep Auntie safe" Leif sighs.

He gets on Morningdew's back with me and we fly up to Harvest Statue. I spot a girl with dark flowing hair in a long braid, camouflage paint, glowing green eyes, and an aura of courage.

"Cobralily Venom, you?" she introduces.

"Hey Colive! This is Luna, Aeolus, and Dev"

"You got my dropoff, right? Thorn is waiting for us at the tree"

"Yup"

"Your name is Cobralily but Leif calls you Colive?" Dev asks.

"Co for Cobra, Li for Lily, and Ve for venom. I come up with nicknames like that for all my friends" Leif replies.

"You must not have many friends," Dev snaps.

"Let's get started. The night won't get any longer" Aeolus declares.

Like planned, Coralstinger uses water to get the abundance orb out of the statue. Cobralily gets it out with a pickaxe. Aeolus grabs it and Nightlight flies her down at full speed. Cobralily jumps on Coralstinger's back. We start flying to the Yggdrasil.

"What's your connection to Leif, Cobralily?" I ask.

"I was one of Leif's 'delinquent' schoolmates. I'm a traveling archeologist now." she introduces.

I see the glowing scales of Nightlight descend by the tree. The guardians are all knocked out with a Duron waiting patiently for us.

"Oh good! Thorn has taken care of them all!" Cobralily sighs.

Cobralily pats the head of the Duron. We all dismount our dragons and they carefully start digging.

"You're sure we won't get caught?" Aeolus asks.

"I've run all the numbers and possibilities, there is hardly any chance of us getting caught" Leif replies.

The dragons clear out and Cobralily shuffles through the hole they dug.

"There is nothing here! No orb, no relic, nothing we're looking for!" Cobralily shouts.

Panic settles in. I turn to a very anxious Leif.

"Stupid! The Yggdrasil is older than the orbs!" Leif mutters in fury.

Coralstinger and Nightlight get Cobralily out and start filling the hole. It's easy to see that there was a hold there. Morningdew flies around the tree and fixes everything.

"Dream orchard. Head to the dream orchard!" Leif shouts.

We all mount up and fly there. I see the moon sinking lower in the sky. Dawn will be upon us. We dismount and the dragons start digging again.

"How to you know this pack of Dragonbrands will have enough energy to not kill the tree?"

"I ran several experiments with Colive on the moon orb after me and my friends got it, I have rough calculations of all orb energy levels"

"Your a smart kid, I'll give you that"

I look to the sky and dawn is poking through. Cobralily gasps in shock and in horror. She's holding the orb in her hands. Leif quickly dumps the Dragonbrands into the hole.

"Nature islers wake up at sunrise. We need to get out, NOW!" Leif shouts.

Cobralily holds her hand out for the last sliver of moon. Her eyelashes turn white and her hands twinkle. The moons comes back up and Aeolus flies the nature orb back down to the well.

"You held onto the moon orb for too long, didn't you?" Dev asks.

"It's an archeologist's instinct to hold onto a relic and examine it from all angles" Cobralily chuckles.

Morningdew flies around the grand tree to fix any residue from our dig. Leif hops on Morningdew's back with me and we all fly back to camp in an instant.

I turn back to Cobralily stroking her Duron as she holds the moon in place. I peak out to see the sun fighting to rise upon the world. Hold on!