02. halloween party 🎃

evangeline cromwell

evangeline cromwell

If Henry didn't seem like he could hurt me, he would have been a pleasant company.

That was all I could think about. The first person I saw in years seemed like he could kill me if I did the wrong thing but had a sense of humour and it was confusing me. Was he actually mad or ill?

But I was just happy my little escaping was a success and I didn't get killed and my parents didn't find out. They were sleeping safe and sound when I got home.

Even though my heart beat like crazy and my paranoia was out the roof and I could have been killed, it was actually nice. I got to see my favourite place of all time, houses decorated for Halloween and everything I missed while I was locked away.

"Honey, Andrew's here!" My mom yelled and yanked me out of my thoughts.

Today was Wednesday so that meant after school was over, Andrew would come around for an hour.

I get up from my bed and jump until I get to the living room where Andrew is lying on the couch, talking about something with my parents.

Andrew noticed my presence. "Hi there, Evangeline." He waved at me and I placed myself next to him on the couch.

"How are you?" I've wanted to tell him about my little sneak outside and tell him about Henry but I had to keep quiet so my parents won't hear it. It was hard to keep it all to myself. I could have written it in a journal but I was afraid my parents would find out.

"Stressful!" He sighs. "I'm a senior now so I have to always study. I can't catch a break, honestly." I was also supposed to be a senior. I could be just like him right now if things were a little bit different.

"That sucks. But I hope you get a good grade on your SATs." God, how much I wish I was in his place. Maybe I would have hated it but it was much better than this.

"But the years barely started and they are already feeding us homework like food." He runs a hand through his blonde hair which now reminds me of Henry. His hair was more like white, not blonde but I couldn't quite say because the only source of the light was the moon.

We talked about school and what he did in his free time and his family for an hour. After that, I walked him out.

"Take care." He said and did something he never did. He shook my hand. But what shocked me was the note he just passed me. He winked and left my house not before saying goodbye to my parents.

I quickly hide the note in my bra. "I'm going upstairs, ok?"

"Okay, be careful!" Dad screamed back.

Once I was in my room, I opened the note and immediately started reading.

I know about your little escape last night. I saw you while you got out of the window. I had to be honest, that was kinda cool. But you have to be careful, OK?
Now, if you want to escape again tonight, you can come to this Halloween party. It's on Maple Street, number 7. It's starting at 9 pm but people will come at 10 pm or later.