07. rapist 🗡️

henry blakely tw: cringe alert

henry blakely
tw: cringe alert

"You really fucked up, Miro." Matteo opened his mouth and I rolled my eyes. Thank you, Matteo, for telling me the same thing Reed said to me for the last hours.

"The dude deserved it. He should be thankful I didn't kill him." Anger took over me when I remembered that short moron.

"What happened anyway?" Reed spoke when he entered the balcony with three beer bottles in his hand. He threw them at us and sat down in his chair.

"He had too much of an attitude for his height. He was the one who stumbled upon me, spelt his drink on my perfectly good suit and had the nerve to say shit." I open the beer can with one hand and start drinking. "So I beat him."

"Did he say something about your white hair?" Reed joked and my first thought wasn't to throw a knife at him, but it was Evangeline. I still can't believe she drew me bald and said my hair was white anyway. These three really knew nothing about colours and it was showing.

I was debating whether to tell him or not. I knew he would fill me with questions if I told the truth. But right now, I couldn't bother to tell a lie. "He said he saw me and my girlfriend together and that if he gets the chance, he will rape her."

Their faces were now a mix of shock and anger. "That motherfucker!" Said Matteo and ran a hand through his curly hair. "You should have killed him."

"I would have if that stupid rumour of a serial killer being in the city didn't exist. But if I knew I would end up on the news anyway I would have killed him and written 'rapist' on his forehead." Now I regret not doing that. He is now free and can do that to anyone. "He was probably the one who called the news. He said he would." I'm surprised he can still talk.

"Wait, what girlfriend did he talk about?" Reed said and I let out a sigh to prepare myself for his questions and jokes.

"Evangeline." He probably saw us at her high school when we hugged. I knew it wasn't a good idea to hug her, especially where everyone could see us but something in her voice made me do it. And it was weird because I usually don't give a shit about what other people feel. But with Evangeline was hard not to give a shit.

"Oh." He said it with a smirk on his face and I gave him the middle finger.

"She seems nice," Matteo said and my first thought was yes. Yes, she was nice. Naive but nice. And that was a stupid combination to have in this world. "Is she nice?"

"She is." There was no point in denying it. Everyone could see it. Maybe it was in her smile or the way she's always happy about the world. "But she's too naive."

"Let her be naive. She has you as her protector." Reed said jokingly and I gave him a sharp look. And yes, I will protect her if she needs it but I will not always be next to her. We would go our separate ways at some point. She can't be naive then. But I feel that's just a part of her and can't escape it.