#2: In Which You Almost Get Run Over

If someone were to tell you that your school day would've ended like this, you would've brought them to an exorcist.

It started as a normal Wednesday, the day after the Ninja had stopped Garmadon.. again. It seemed as if you would've gotten a break for at least A DAY but nope!!

You strode along the sidewalk, your backpack way too heavy for anyone to carry comfortably. It was already dark out, and you had just finished your after school job at the convenience store a few blocks from your apartment.

Of course, your midnight stroll had to be interrupted by a car being thrown at you.

The most normal day in this goddamn city.

You could only stare as the car began barreling towards you, and then you weren't there. Someone had grabbed you.

Looking up, a green mask hid the face of whoever had saved you, and they jumped up the side of a building. The Green Ninja.

He gently placed you on the ground, looking down at you. "Are.. you okay.. Ma'am?"

Your hand slowly reached behind your neck, grabbing your head. You couldn't breathe. "I- what- what- how-" Gasping for air, you shut your eyes tight. So much had just happened yet the person who saved you was acting like it was an everyday experience for everyone.

A rough.. yet warm hand grabbed your arm, shushing you. "Hey.. it's alright. I know it's a lot to take in, but I need you to look at me and calm down. You're safe."

Letting your face soften, you slowly opened your eyes, watching the masked figure. His gloves thrown to the side. Now with his warm hands wrapped around your bare arms, you realized how cold it was. "I- right. Thank you."

You couldn't see any of his features other than his bright green eyes which matched his fighting suit, and brownish eyebrows. So the Green Ninja was a brunette? You'd never really thought about that fact. Another crash happened, causing flames to begin rising a few blocks over. "You'd better get going.. right?"

Turning back to the Green Ninja, all that stood was the stiffness of the air, and the burning heat on your arms. He was gone. And your face was hot with-?

You weren't like this. You couldn't be like this. How the fuck were you attracted to a masked guy who you'd only personally met this once, and was definitely out of your league, while you ALMOST GOT HIT BY A CAR?? The teenage girl brain was a mystery, and force to be reckoned with.

With a sigh, you stood up, and began your descent down the stairs of the complex. At least none of your belongings had been harmed in the whole ordeal. Some of the stuff you carried with you, you had saved up awhile for. Like your handy taser with Sanrio stickers decorating the case in an attempt to be aesthetic. (It didn't work.)

Exiting the building, you were obviously shaken up, and your arms felt like they were on fire. Had some of the broken glass hit you? You'd never felt anything cut you, but maybe it was tiny pieces that only hurt after..?

Regardless, it was late, and you still had school tomorrow. And you had only completed half of your homework during your break. This was going to be a long night.

 This was going to be a long night