#13: In Which You Found Your Place

Spice warning: spicy kinds of kissing and groaning, all in a romantic way though and not sexual (...if that makes sense.) At the end of the second segment of this chapter

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Lloyd watched her fist slowly sink down from the door. "But what if he gets mad? What if I get grounded- or he sends me to my grandma's? What if-"

He grabbed Y/n's hand, giving it a quick squeeze. "I'm sure it'll be fine. If he gets upset, especially because of me, I'll handle it. Promise."

With a sigh, she looked up at him, and nodded. "Right.. so.. I should knock now.. But.." she grabbed at her hair, groaning, "Hhhhhh But what if-"

"Alright." He sighed, reaching forward and rapped his knuckles along the door. "There. You're welcome."

She furred her brow, hitting her forehead into his arm. "Whyyyyy.."

The door opened, Y/n's father glancing up from his phone. "Hello-" Staring at her, a moment of stillness passed through, before he threw his arms around her. "Oh my gosh- kiddo- you're okay.. I was so worried- What happened?!"

Biting his tongue, he smiled at the two. It was sweet.

They eventually let go of each other, and Y/n's dad turned to him, holding up an accusing finger. "What did you do to my daughter?"

Lloyd opened his mouth to respond when Sally ran through the door. "Y/n! You're okay! Holy hell.. when you weren't in lunch I had this horrible feeling in my gut- and so I started writing a song we could play at your funeral, but then it started to be more of a song about how much I hate Mrs. Rivera- don't ask me how- but-"

Holding up her hands, Y/n got the pink haired ball of energy to calm down. "I'm not dead yet- though I would definitely have a song just roasting her for my funeral."

Y/n's dad hummed, unsatisfied . "How come you got ahold of Y/n?"

Speaking of, Y/n stepped forward, in-between both Lloyd and her father. "Dad, this is Lloyd, but I believe I introduced him to you using another name before. This is Grayden... My soulmate."

Lloyd held his hand out, giving a small smile. "It was entirely my idea, since I didn't want you react negatively. I wanted to meet you as Y/n's friend, but we didn't have the chance. So it's nice to meet you Mr. Peterson. Y/n was captured by Garmadon, then saved by the Green Ninja."

Hesitantly, he reached forward and shook his hand. Progress. "I guess it's nice to meet you too.. Lloyd.. Garmadon.."

Biting his cheek, he smiled, looking to Y/n. "Sorry to make things.. complicated."

She smiled, her gaze making his heart jump. "It's okay, we were complicated to start."

Sally shook her shoulders, wide eyed. "YOU MET THE GREEN NINJA AGAIN?!"

Leaning down into Y/n's ear, Lloyd smirked, "You just love the guy, don't you?"