#14: In Which It's A Normal Friday

Time skip to end of senior year (1 year from original storyline)
----------------------------

Yawning, you shoved your face further into the pillow. How was it morning already? You groaned in displeasure, and attempted to flip onto your back when you just.. couldn't. Something was holding you down.

You turned your head, taking in the familiar scent beside you. Lloyd was asleep on the other side of the bed, soft grunts filling the room when he inhaled. One arm laid over you while the other was wedged underneath your waist.

As another second of peaceful bliss passed, you watched his chest rise up and down. Stretching your free hand up, you ran your fingers through his waves slowly, as to not wake him. It hurt more knowing he was leaving, seeing him so happy at home.

But you had to wake him.

Leaning forward, you pressed small pecks to his eyelids. "Wake up, sleepyhead.."

He fluttered his eyes open, the intense green shrinking as he looked at you. "..what..?" God you loved his morning voice. "Oh.. good morning.." he rumbled, not too unlike a purring cat.

Lloyd continued to stare at you, watching your features as if you were going to disappear.

"What? Do I have something on my face..?" You questioned, rubbing your cheek.

Reaching forward, he settled his hand on your cheek, rubbing it as he smiled. "No.. I just like looking at you."

Your face dusted with pink blush, you gawked at him, "hey-! You can't just say stuff like that.."

"Sure I can." He rumbled. "I definitely can when my girlfriend is this pretty."

Placing a hand on top of his, your pressed the warmth into your cheek. Sighing, you watched him for a minute before speaking up quietly. ".. you're going to make me regret letting you leave.."

He sadly smiled, sifting his fingers through your hair. "Theeeeen come with me."

You frowned. "You know I can't.. I still have to finish summer school to graduate, and with my Gran moving in with the new house, its a whole big deal... I can't just leave to follow you and distract you. Hell, I don't even know what job someone could get with a degree in child psychology.. like a therapist..?"

Lloyd shook his head, sighing. "You're finally admitting you have been bullshitting every conversation we've had about this?"

"Mhm.. maybe.." You hummed, watching the sunflects dance around his iris. God, you could watch his eyes forever.

But he had to leave.

Reaching up a hand, you dragged your finger around his forehead, tracing his hairline. "We could just stay in bed all day... Just explain to the school the best hero in the universe wants to spend more time with the love of his life... I'm sure they'd understand from the Green Ninja.."

He leaned into your touch, smiling. "Mhmm, and would this Green Ninja be as great a hero if he put off until tomorrow what can be done today..?"

You dug the edge of your palms into your eyes, groaning. "Don't give me this Uncle Wu bullshit.. too early for cryptic messages."

"Yup, Sorry- sorry.. must be encoded in my DNA or something.. once I reach the age of 20 I will complete my transformation and become: Old Man." He grinned, dramatically placing his hand on his forehead.

Pushing your hand into his head, you huffed. "Oh- oh fuck off already then!" You made it halfway off the bed when he grabbed around your waist, pulling you back onto the bed.

He leaned his head around, pecking you in the cheek while you squirmed. "Maybe I should just stay here.. you loooooovvvveeee me soo much, how could I say no?"