33

Jimin's heart raced as he watched Hyojoo's message, not able to text Bach as his mind was swirling with anxiety. 

"Jungkook will never forgive me too!" he mumbled to himself. 

The weight of his actions hung heavy on his shoulders, knowing that he had hurt not only Taehyung but also Jungkook, someone he cared about deeply. The thought of facing Jungkook, of seeing the disappointment in his eyes, filled him with dread.

As he paced his home, his thoughts in turmoil, the doorbell rang, jolting him out of his spiraling thoughts. He hesitated for a moment before mustering the courage to open the door. 

Jimin opened the door, his heart skipping a beat in surprise as he found Taehyung and Jungkook standing on his doorstep. Their presence sent a jolt of anxiety through him, realizing that he was about to face the consequences of his actions. Their expressions were a mix of anger, disappointment, and hurt, and it cut deep into Jimin's soul.

"Guys, I..." Jimin began, his voice catching in his throat, unable to find the right words to express his remorse.

Taehyung's eyes clouded with disappointment. 

"We need to talk, Jimin," he said, his tone serious and stern.

Jungkook's jaw clenched, his fists at his sides as he tried to control his emotions. 

"Yeah, we do," he added, his voice tight with suppressed anger.

Jimin stepped back, allowing them to enter, his heart pounding in his chest. The atmosphere in the room grew heavy with tension, the weight of their gazes bearing down on him like a burden he couldn't escape.

"Why did you do it, Jimin?" Jungkook's voice wavered with hurt, his eyes pleading for an explanation.

Taehyung's gaze was stern, his disappointment palpable. "And why did you set up hidden cameras in Jungkook's bedroom?" he asked, his voice laced with betrayal.

Jimin looked down, unable to meet their eyes. 

"I was jealous," he confessed, his voice barely a whisper. 

"I saw how close you two were becoming, and I couldn't stand it. I thought... I thought if I could ..."

Jungkook's brows furrowed in disbelief. "Jealousy? That's why you lied to me hen Taehyung came to see me?" he asked, his voice a mix of anger and sadness.

"Oh for fuck sakes Jungkook as if he matters!" Jimin shouted. 

Jimin's eyes filled with tears as he cried out, his voice cracking with emotion, 

"I'm the one who loved you since forever! Why are you blind to see it?" His desperation was palpable, his heartache laid bare for them to witness.

In a moment of vulnerability, Jimin approached Jungkook, reaching out to hold his hand, hoping for a connection, a shred of understanding. But Jungkook, consumed by anger and hurt, removed his hand abruptly, his expression cold and distant.

"I trusted you, Jimin. I thought you were my friend," Jungkook said, his voice laced with disappointment. "But what you did... it's unforgivable."

Taehyung, his curiosity piqued and his protective instincts in full force, stepped between Jimin and Jungkook, acting as a shield for his friend. 

His eyes bore into Jimin's, a mix of concern and suspicion in his gaze. 

"How did you even get my address, Jimin?" he asked,

" Was Hyojoo a part of this too?"  Taehyung's voice steady but filled with intensity.

Jimin, his tears still fresh on his cheeks, looked at Taehyung, his expression a mix of regret and desperation. 

"Yea.. Yes" he confessed, his voice breaking. 

Jungkook's gaze didn't waver as he processed Jimin's words. He could sense the sincerity in Jimin's voice, but the betrayal still hung heavily in the air. 

"I trusted you, Jimin"

Jungkook, still visibly upset, stood by Taehyung's side, his eyes flickering with a mix of anger and pain. 

"I can't believe you would do something like this" he added, his voice low and filled with disappointment.

Jimin nodded, his guilt written all over his face. 

"I know, and I can't ask for your forgiveness enough," he said, his voice barely audible. 

"I just hope that, someday, you might find it in your hearts to forgive me"

The room fell into a heavy silence once more, the weight of their emotions hanging in the air. Taehyung remained steadfast, protecting Jungkook from the storm of emotions, while Jimin stood there, facing the consequences of his actions, his heart heavy with regret for the damage he had caused to the friendships that once meant the world to him.

Jimin's tears fell freely now, his heart shattered into pieces. He had never intended for things to end up like this, but his actions had damaged the bonds they once shared. The room was filled with a heavy silence, broken only by the sound of Jimin's sobs, echoing the devastation of their broken friendship.

With the truth laid bare and their hearts heavy with the weight of betrayal, Taehyung and Jungkook exchanged a glance, their silent communication speaking volumes. They knew they needed to face Hyojoo, to confront the person who had inadvertently become entangled in this mess. Together, they steeled themselves for what lay ahead.

As they made their way to where Hyojoo was, Taehyung put a reassuring hand on Jungkook's shoulder, offering him a silent gesture of support. Jungkook, though still hurt and angry, found strength in Taehyung's presence.

***

Taehyung and Jungkook finally stood before Hyojoo, her eyes widened with surprise and concern as she took in their expressions. 

"What's going on?" she asked, her voice laced with worry.

Taehyung took a deep breath, his gaze steady. "Hyojoo, we need to talk," he said, his voice calm yet firm.

Jungkook, his emotions still raw, stepped forward. 

"Jimin confessed what he did, and we know what both of you have done, now I have one question Why Hyojoo?"  he said, his voice tinged with sadness. 

Hyojoo's eyes widened in shock, her hands trembling slightly. 

"I ..it's..., I swear...It's choi..." 

Hyojoo's voice trembled as she mentioned Mr. Choi's name, her words stuttering as she tried to explain herself. 

"It was Mr. Choi," she said, her eyes wide with fear. 

"He was after me and Jimin. I needed money, and he promised to help, but I didn't know he would go this far."

Jungkook's heart skipped a beat at the mention of Mr. Choi's name. Memories flooded back, memories he had buried deep within himself. He remembered the day he had accidentally stumbled upon his mother and Mr. Choi in her office, their conversation hushed and secretive. His mother's face had been a mix of fear and desperation, and Mr. Choi had worn a calculating smile.

The secret he had unwittingly discovered loomed large in his mind, freezing him in place. The weight of that knowledge, coupled with Hyojoo's revelation, left him stunned.

Taehyung, sensing Jungkook's distress, placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. 

"Jungkook, what's wrong?" he asked, his voice filled with concern.

Jungkook shook his head, trying to compose himself. 

"It's nothing," he said, his voice hollow. 

But deep down, he knew it was far from nothing. The truth he had unwittingly stumbled upon had just resurfaced, threatening to shatter the illusions he had built around it.