36

Detective Seo led the way with purpose, his steps echoing in the hushed corridor of the JEC tower, the police officers following closely behind. Taehyung walked beside his determined Aunt Sung Ryung, his posture straight, yet his eyes revealed the turmoil within him. This moment was a culmination of months of lies and deceit, and he was determined to reclaim his rightful place and bring justice to his mother's memory.

As they approached the 16th floor, Detective Seo and his team discreetly trailed behind, their presence masked by an air of professionalism. The tension in the atmosphere was palpable as they ascended to Mrs. Jeon's office, where secrets were about to unravel, and the truth would be laid bare.

Inside the office, Mrs. Jeon, Jungkook, and Joong Ki were engrossed in a discussion about the company's future. Their voices were confident, their plans ambitious, unaware of the storm that was about to descend upon them. The arrival of Detective Seo and her team disrupted their conversation, freezing them in their places.

Mrs. Jeon's face contorted with shock, her eyes wide with disbelief as she took in the sight of the police officers. 

"What is the meaning of this?" she demanded, her voice shaky, her façade of control slipping away.

Detective Seo stepped forward, his tone unwavering. 

"Mrs. Jeon, you are under arrest for the murder of Mrs. Kim, We have substantial evidence to support these charges," he announced, his gaze steady, his resolve unshakable.

"What? Mom ..." Jungkook cried in surprise. 

Jungkook's expression shifted from surprise to hurt as he looked at Taehyung, who emerged from behind Detective Seo with his aunt by his side. The realization washed over him like a tidal wave, crashing against the walls of his trust. He felt a deep pang of betrayal, his eyes searching Taehyung's face for an explanation that seemed to elude him.

"Tae...Taehyung..Mom.."

Indeed, as Jungkook's hurt and confusion reflected in his eyes, Taehyung's face bore a complex array of emotions. there was a glimmer of victory in Taehyung's eyes. It was a victory over the lies, the deception, and the months of uncertainty. He had finally stepped into the truth, even if it came at the cost of hurting those he cared about. The victory wasn't in the downfall of others but in his own liberation, in the courage to confront his past and claim his rightful identity.

"Jungkook, I never wanted to hurt you," Taehyung said, his voice laden with sincerity. 

"I needed to find out the truth" Taehyung's lips curved into a smirk.

Jungkook's gaze wavered, torn between the pain of betrayal and the depth of the emotions he still felt for Taehyung. The room remained heavy with unspoken words, the truth now laid bare, leaving them both vulnerable and exposed. 

"You..You used me.." Jungkook stuttered

Jungkook's voice quivered with a mix of hurt and betrayal. His eyes, once filled with trust and affection, were now clouded with a profound sense of disillusionment. He struggled to find the words to express the depth of his pain, his heart aching with the realization of being used as a pawn in a game he never knew he was playing.

Betrayal etched across his features, he struggled to come to terms with the truth, his heart heavy with the weight of deception.

"Mom You Killed Mrs.Kim" Jungkook screamed in shock and pain

"You have no right here! You cannot take me anywhere!"

Mrs. Jeon's voice echoed through the office, a mix of fury and desperation as she lashed out, refusing to accept the reality closing in around her.  she screamed, her face contorted with rage. Her once-imposing presence now seemed diminished, overshadowed by the weight of the accusations against her.