006

Nendou Likes Little Girls?!

3rd POV

'Today is the start of the new semester. The summer went by too fast and now I have to see those guys again...' Saiki sighed as he walked up to a house and knocked on the door.

"Come in!" Called out a voice from inside. The pink-haired psychic teleported inside.

'Bold of you to assume I'm not a psychopathic murderer.' He scolded the girl. Keomi was hopping on one foot with a piece of toast in her mouth as she tried to get her shoe on.

"Mmph-Mmnnh!" She mumbled with the bread still in her mouth.

'What?'

"I think you forget I'm a psychic too! I knew it was you even before you even knocked on my door." She grinned happily as her shoe finally slid on. She crouched down and checked her bag to make sure she had everything she needed for the day.

'You're parents aren't home yet?' He asked.

"Big surprise, right?" She huffed sarcastically in response and stood back up. "They'll probably be gone for another month or longer." She shrugged and took one last bite of her toast. Sure, she loved her parents but lately, they hadn't been around very often. They were successful business partners and were trying to expand their field to more regions in Japan, that being said, they traveled a lot.

'And you're fine being by yourself?' Saiki questioned.

"I've been doing this for years, Kusuo, I'm used to it by now..." She sighed and slung her bag over her shoulder. "Ready to go?"

He nodded and they left. Keomi remained silent on their walk, lost in her own train of thoughts. Normally Saiki wouldn't mind the calming lull of the quiet, but he couldn't help but feel empathy for his empath friend.

'You... Could always stay over with me, I'm sure my mom would love to have you, then you wouldn't be so lonely.'

"Hey!- I'm not lonely!" She choked. "But, I-I wouldn't mind having some company..." She hesitated. "I don't want to impose though!"

'I'll talk to my mom about it after school.' He responded. 'I know exactly what my mother is gonna think... Still, I'd rather put up with that than leave Keomi like this.' He looked down at his friend who had a fragile smile on her rosy face.

"What would I do without you, Kusuo?" She asked honestly, her golden brown eyes welling with tears.

'Come on Keo, don't cry.' He hushed and wrapped his arm around her shoulder as they kept on walking.

"You're too good to me." She smiled. He gave her shoulder a reassuring squeeze.

'Anything for you.' He retracted his hand from her arm as she reached up to wipe her stray tears away.