009

Arts and Crafts and Bad Knees

3rd POV

It had been a bit over a week since Keomi and Saiki met Toritsuka. Soon after their first encounter, the perverted boy transferred to PK Academy, and it didn't take a psychic to realize how much it annoyed Saiki. After a couple of days of blackmailing and attempted murder, Toritsuka got the message and ceased bragging about his abilities.

It was a warm Monday morning, the birds were singing and low chatter could be heard throughout the schoolyard. Saiki and Keomi just arrived as the bell chimed, signaling that they had five minutes to get to class.

"I'm just saying Kusuo, 30,000 bells for a starter house? That's absurd!" Keomi went on. She had recently gotten sent a Nintendo Switch from her parents, though as a compensation gift, she still appreciated they were still thinking about her. For the past 48 hours, she had been building her dream island on Animal Crossing, and of course, that's all she's been talking about.

'Absolutely absurd.' Saiki agreed as he put his outdoor shoes in his locker. Keomi smiled, he always listened to her even when discussing things he didn't particularly care about.

"Anyway, what do we have first today?" She asked, slipping on her black oxford shoes.

'Language Arts.' He answered and Keomi groaned.

"Boring~ What's after?"

'Look at your schedule.' Saiki said as he picked up his backpack, Keomi did the same.

"I would, but- I... lost it." She rubbed the back of her neck, embarrassed about her carelessness.

'You're lucky we're in the same class.' He began walking. Keomi quickly shut her locker and hurriedly darted after him.

"Hmmm, it is pretty lucky I guess." She hooked her arm with his and smiled knowingly.

· * .* ──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──── *. * ·

After a painfully mundane class, it was finally time for lunch! Keomi's favourite part of the day. Keomi grabbed her bag, Saiki's hand, and quickly pulled him along the busy hallways towards their lockers.

"Lemme just grab my switch, then we can stop by the vending machine, then go to the roof?" She asked as she opened her locker. Saiki simply nodded.

After grabbing her device and a snack the pair headed upstairs. The doors to the roof were usually locked, but for the pair of psychics, that was never an issue.

"I'll get it! Crickity-crack~" The blonde said as she stretched her arms above her head and cracked her knuckles.

'That's your impression of knuckles cracking?' He asked with a small smile.