HOW YOU MET

It was summer, 1966. You'd just moved from Milwaukee to Point Place, and you were getting adjusted to the suburbs (and your new house). You looked out the window of your new bedroom and saw this brunet kid playing basketball with a flash of red hair. Naturally, you wanted to check it out, after all, they were kids your age, and you were six. No other explanation necessary.

You didn't really know how to introduce yourself, so you awkwardly stood there before the ginger girl waved you over. "Hi." she started. "I'm Donna. And this string bean is Eric." she pointed behind her back to him.

Now that you were seeing him up close- he was cute. He had these big watercolor puppy dog eyes and a really awkward smile that showed his missing teeth as he waved. You waved back, obviously.

"I'm Y/N."

"Y/N, do you like basketball?" Eric asked.

"Yeah." You didn't know anything about it, but these were your new friends, and they liked it, so...

"Oh, cool!" Donna pumped her fist.

Donna continued rambling about her and Eric's made up version of the game (which sounded very rigged in her favor), while Eric just kind of exchanged looking at his feet to glancing up at you.

"...so, you wanna play?" Donna asked.

"Mhm." you said, even though you weren't listening to Donna, and grabbed the ball from Eric.

"Cool." Eric smiled.

You and Donna tag teamed and whooped his sorry ass, in case you were wondering.

***

A/N: aww wittle eric has a wittle crush. also eric embodies childhood friends to lovers so i felt like this was very fitting