HOW YOU MET

When your parents shipped you off to Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrow, you didn't expect to meet the most attractive girl you've ever laid eyes on.

Emphasis on you didn't expect.

But she was right there. Hanging out in the parking lot with the other girls skipping to smoke. You would smoke on occasion, it's not like you were addicted or anything. This happened to be one of those occasions. And thank god it was.

Now, it's not like this was all good. You were queer. In the seventies. At a Catholic school. The odds weren't in your favor. But you could be friends with her. At least go up to her. That couldn't hurt, right?

"Hi."

"Hey." the ginger said, taking a drag from her cigarette. She didn't seem bored by you, just by life.

"I'm Y/N." you felt so cheesy, going up to her all random like this. What if she hated you? What if she thought you were weird? What if-

"I'm Donna." she closed mouth smiled. Okay, this was progress.

"See- uh- I forgot my lighter- and-"

"Oh here." she lit your cigarette for you. "Yeah, I just steal one from my Dad. Not like he'll notice, too busy dating my friends Moms to-" she stopped herself. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry. That was so weird of me to just dump that on you like that."

Oh my god. She said, like, five whole sentences to you. "No, no, it's totally fine. I'm bored anyway. Not that your life's just entertainment, or anything, I'm sure it's really hard for you, it's just like-"

"No, no, I totally get it." she took another drag. "See? We're both awkward."

That relieved some of the tension, before you allowed her to continue with the stories, and you guys didn't stop until the busses came to pick people up.

"Okay, well, see you tomorrow." Donna waved.

"Tomorrow." you agreed.

Oh my god, she was so cool. 

***

A/N: okay number 1: this was literally my first wlw situationship. and number 2: donna really is just that girl. i think i won't have her dating eric because it just complicates things and donna would never cheat so...literally love it when you like idolize a person so much in ur head and they're just as awkward as u it's great makes them much less intimidating