HOW YOU MET

Your best friend, Jackie Burkhart, decided it was high time you met her other friends.

Well, they were her ex Michael Kelso's friends. She'd just kind of weaseled her way in there in the way you knew Jackie did.

"So there's Eric, who's this massive nerd, like, a total Star Wars freak, Fez, who's a foreign exchange student they forgot to exchange back or something, Donna, who's this tall lumberjack girl, well, she's not actually a lumberjack, but she takes care of her nails like one-"

"Jackie." you stopped her. You knew she cared about these people, if she didn't, she wouldn't be talking about them. 'Ugly people don't deserve space in my pretty brain' in her words. This was how Jackie loved. "I want to meet them for myself."

"Yeah, okay. But-"

"Oh, look, we're here!" you said in mock surprise and genuine relief. You were a lot like Jackie when you weren't around her, in the sense that you were talkative and knew what you wanted, but hanging out with yourself for too long tends to wear a person out.

You walked down the outside steps into the basement, and opened the unlocked door. Everyone was watching TV, and Donna passively said, "Hey, Jackie." on the way in.

You knew most of them from last year, before they graduated, except the guy on the lawn chair, who you're not convinced even went to school.

"Guys, guys, this is my friend, Y/N." Jackie presented you like the ladies do in game shows.

"Sup, man." lawn chair dude said, not taking eyes off the TV.

"Oh good, another person who gets to camp out in my house. Eating my food. While my Dad blames me for it." Eric complained.

"Eric, don't be rude." Jackie scolded him.

"I made this bed. Now I have to lie in it." said defeatedly.

"I'm sorry, he's just on his time of the month, or something." Jackie laughed awkwardly, glaring at him. You appreciated how defensive Jackie was over you.

Donna was the first to actually approach you. "Hey, what's up? I'm Donna."

"Y/N." you smiled, happy to have someone you might actually consider a friend in the future.

"Fez." he lightly pushed Donna away. "And might I just say, you are-"

Jackie rolled her eyes. "She's not gonna sleep with you, Fez."

"I can't appreciate a woman's beauty without-?" he was pushed aside by someone taller, like, 6'4" or something.

"Hi. I'm- Michael Kelso. My friends call me Kelso." he said, looking in every direction awkwardly.

"Go away Michael-" Jackie started.

"Y/N L/N." you felt stupid. Of course you'd seen Michael before, and Jackie was always gushing or complaining about him, but seeing him up close was different. He was like a model. Well, if he didn't have that head-empty look in his eye, maybe.

"Cool." he chuckled awkwardly.

"I like your- face." Oh, god, why would you say that? He's gonna think you're a freak.

"I like my face too." He replied with a clueless grin. It should've come off as conceited, but it was endearing. "Oh, and yours."

Then you looked back to Jackie to see her glaring at Michael, tapping her foot on the ground. Oh god, this wasn't good. 

***

A/N this is my longest fr because it had the most dialogue and i love working on my character writing. i also love  himbo x bimbo so you not having the brightest light either, at least while flirting, is very funny to me. you liking her ex will be a problem for jackie because "that's like, the rules of feminism!" (even though she doesn't like feminism you get my point) so i'm gonna make jackie- you know, jackie about it, but not like mean to an annoying degree