𝐈𝐕 • 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐕𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫

❝ Didn't Want To Meet You Again ❞

            Camp Half-Blood wasn't that bad after all. Despite the noise and some nasty campers who couldn't bring themselves to accept Aquila and treated her as an outsider, many campers warmed up to her.

On the first day, many were hesitant to even speak with her. But then some girls from the Apollo cabin thought she was adorable and initiated a conversation at dinner that night. Human interaction — well, at least half-human — was something Aquila had to work on.

Chating endlessly with Vega was one thing, but conversing with actual people didn't come naturally to her. The Ares, Aphrodite, and Athena cabins were the only ones that didn't reach out to her. With the exception of Annabeth Chase, daughter of Athena.

Annabeth had become quite close to Aquila over time, Annabeth appreciated Aquila's love for books and knowledge and overall logical approach to everything.

Aquila was training with Daniel Rommet, a son of Hephaestus. Most of the children of Hephaestus are either creating something in their cabin but Daniel became her friend. If there was some Aquila could officially call a friend, it would be Daniel.

During one of the first capture of the flags, a game traditionally played in camp, the son of Hephaestus was about to be hit by a spear that Aquila deflected. And one of the few reasons their team won that day. Creativity and ideas for bizarre weapons (which were inspired by the Titan armory) interested Daniel and they'd gotten along quite well.

"I won. Admit your defeat, Dan, I'm exhausted." Aquila sighed. They dueled for more than three hours. Dan, as Aquila preferred to call him, wanted to defeat her but that happens only once in a blue moon. She learned all her techniques from Vega and Deimos, they both are skilled fighters.

"Okay, okay I give in. You won," he said. "but, your sword is amazing that's why you won."

Dan was always jealous of her sword, not that Aquila blamed him because indeed her sword was amazing. It was made of Astrean silver. Astrean silver is a magical metal extracted from asteroids and is mixed with silver only astronomical deities and their children can wield it.

The sword was carefully crafted by star nymphs and cooled in river Pallas. Pallas was the Titan of warfare, he was killed by Athena in the Titan war, but as Titans are immortal, he turned himself into a river of fire.

After Astraeus and Persus were released from their punishments, Astraeus moved the river to Astrelaia where he lived. Astraeus skipped the part about how a river of fire became water, but the story fascinated her enough to believe it.

"Yeah, keep saying that to yourself," she cooed, a small smirk creeping up her lips.

The orange camp tshirt she wore stuck nastily to her skin, drenched in sweat. She mentally gagged. I need a bath.

She grabbed a blue sundress from her bunch of clothes. Though Aquila liked to keep her things organized and neat, given the fact she lived in the Hermes cabin, it simply didn't work out. The chaotic environment and lack of a wardrobe (which was good in a way since anything might get stolen) got her to live a messy life herself.

After taking a quick shower, Aquila changed into fresh clothes and dried her hair. When she was on her way to polish her sword, Chiron stopped her.

"Ah Aquila, there's someone who would like to meet you,"

"Meet me? Who?" She questioned.

"Why don't you find out for yourself?" He gestured his hand to the outside of camp.