𝐗𝐕 • 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐫❜𝐬 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞

❝ Didn't Expect That, Did you? ❞

            It was Quirrell. Standing in front of a large mirror. He turned after seeing us.

"You!" gasped Harry.

Quirrell smiled. His face wasn't twitching at all.

"Me," he said calmly. "I wondered whether I'd be meeting you here, Potter."

"But I thought — Snape —"

"Severus?" Quirrell laughed, and it wasn't his usual quivering treble, either, but cold and sharp. "Yes, Severus does seem the type, doesn't he? So useful to have him swooping around like an overgrown bat. Next to him, who would suspect p-p-poor, st-stuttering P-Professor Quirrell?"

I couldn't take it in. This couldn't be true, it couldn't.

"But Snape tried to kill Harry!"

"No, no, no. I tried to kill Harry Potter. You, Miss Scott, accidentally knocked me over as you rushed to set fire to Snape at that Quidditch match. You broke my eye contact with you. Another few seconds and I'd have got him off that broom. I'd have managed it before then if Snape hadn't been muttering a countercurse, trying to save you."

"Snape was trying to save me?"

"Of course," said Quirrell coolly. "Why do you think he wanted to referee your next match? He was trying to make sure I didn't do it again. Funny, really...he needn't have bothered. I couldn't do anything with Dumbledore watching. All the other teachers thought Snape was trying to stop Gryffindor from winning, he did make himself unpopular...and what a waste of time, when after all that, I'm going to kill you tonight."

Quirrell snapped his fingers. Ropes sprang out of thin air and wrapped themselves tightly around Harry.

I couldn't believe it was Quirrell. He was the last person I thought would be evil or trying to help Voldemort come back to life. People aren't always what they seem. A lesson to remember.

Under different circumstances, I would've used my sword. What if Quirrell somehow managed to inform Voldemort that I have a bloody sword? I couldn't risk him knowing that I was a demigod. I had to rely on my witch's skills. I learned a few advanced spells, but I didn't know if they'd work. I mumbled a silent prayer to Hecate.

"Diffindo!" I shouted. Red light emitted from my wand and reached him. Hoping to see Quirrell injured, but he quickly cast the shield charm. To my surprise, he smiled.

"Well, Miss Scott, why do you think you stand a chance against me? You certainly have a strong mind, you shouldn't have come here. I only expected to kill Potter, but I'll be fine with killing another little girl," Quirrell said calmly.

"Diffindo!" I pointed my wand toward him again. He deflected, slight annoyance creeping into his facial features.

"Diffindo!" I kept uttering the same spell over and over again as quickly as I could. Quirrell was faster though. He grunted and muttered a jinx that caused the spell to backfire.

I watched in horror as bright red light came back toward me, time slowing down but I was unable to move an inch.

I let out a yelp, clutching my chest where the spell hit, I felt a huge gash from my shoulder to my upper abdomen. I desperately tried to mutter healing spells, but it was pointless. My shirt was soaked with blood, staining my hands a bloody red.

"Aquila!" Harry cried out.

The ground swayed beneath my feet. My wand rolled out of my hands and my eyes were blurry from unshed tears. I blinked and blinked again. What are the chances I'd survive this? Would I just bleed out in here?

I felt lightheaded. My vision going black. I heard Harry shouting. Tears stung my eyes I closed them and with a sharp pain. Then darkness pulled me in.

~~~~~~~

Aquila...Aquila... Aquila.

The pain in my body was still there as I fluttered open my eyes. I was in the hospital wing. I expected to be in the underworld. Dead. I had no idea how I survived, pretty sure the gash was fatal, but killing me must've been hard. I was only half-human, after all.

"Aquila! Oh my god, you're awake!" I heard Harry say.

I groaned, rubbing my eyes.

Someone tackled me with a tight hug. I winced as my shoulder hurt, they pulled away.

"Oh, sorry, Aquila! How are you feeling?" It was Hermione.

"I'm okay," I said with a weak chuckle.

I'd been knocked out for a solid three days. End of term feast was over and everyone was leaving Hogwarts today. Harry said everything was fine. Quirrell had Voldemort in his head and he had been wearing the turban because of that, The sorcerer's stone is, however, safe now. Nothing to worry about.

When Alan found out I was a demigod he was so hyped and didn't stop asking questions about my other life. I've gotta deal with this now.

Soon I left the hospital wing and packed. The train ride was eventful and with a goodbye to my friends, I parted my way to the Scott Manor.