𝐕𝐈 • 𝐇𝐨𝐠𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬

❝ Wonder ❞

            Aquila woke at seven in the morning. On the first day of September, she was too excited and nervous. She got up and pulled on her jeans and a purple top. Aquila had to go muggle shopping to buy suitable and comfortable clothes. Though the Scott manor boasted a huge closet, it only consisted of gowns, skirts, and fancy dresses. She didn't want to walk into the station in a corset-clad medieval gown.

She checked her Hogwarts list yet again to make sure she had everything she needed and saw that Aldar, her pet eagle, was shut safely in his cage, and Jasmine was cuddled up on top of her trunk.

Nasir offered to help Aquila in apparating to King Cross Station. He took the trunk and they apparated to the station, it was filled with muggles, who knows, maybe some wizards, here to say goodbye to their children.

She pushed her trolley around and stared at the barrier. The barrier that connects the wizarding world and the muggle world reminded her of the Empire State Building which connected Olympus and the mortal world. It looked very solid. She started to walk toward it.

People jostled her on their way to platforms nine and ten. She walked more quickly. I was going to smash into that wall and get my head open in two. She knew that she could not be injured yet thanks to the Stoll twins for giving her trust issues by pranking her endlessly. And she'd fallen for it every time. Still, the idea of walking into the Barrier didn't sound good to her what if a muggle saw me walking into the Barrier?

Her overthinker mind made her lose a solid fifteen minutes and there was only about five minutes until the train leaves I gotta go now leaning forward on the cart, she broke into a heavy run the barrier was coming nearer and nearer. She wouldn't be able to stop it, the cart was out of control.

Aquila closed her eyes, bracing for impact in case something went wrong, but it never came.

A scarlet steam engine was waiting next to a platform packed with people. A sign overhead said Hogwarts' Express, eleven o'clock. She looked behind her and saw a wrought-iron archway where the barrier had been, with the words Platform Nine and Three-Quarters on it.

Smoke from the engine drifted over the heads of the chattering crowd, While cats of every color wound here and there between their legs. Owls hooted at one another in a disgruntled sort of way over the babble and the scraping of heavy trunks.

The first few carriages were already packed with students, some hanging out of the window to talk to their families, some fighting over seats. Aquila pushed her cart off down the platform in search of an empty seat. She found one and sat down wandering about all the magic she would learn. Her daydreaming didn't last long.

A boy knocked on the compartment she was in. He had messy brown hair, honey-brown eyes, and a smile plastered to his face

"Hi, can I sit in here? If you don't mind," he asked his voice was packed with enthusiasm and energy he reminded her of Eric. This is how Eric must've looked now. Now back to the question, she didn't want any company but she cannot have a whole compartment for herself.

"Sure,"

He came in and sat across her, he seemed to be very excited about going to Hogwarts which means he must have been a Muggle-born or half-blood. Purebloods definitely don't have so much love for a school that treats everyone equally.

She started to read her favorite novel for the millionth time, no matter what it never fails to surprise Aquila. She could read it forever. That boy was looking out of the window and humming.

"Alan Blackwood." he introduced finally and held out his hand smiling widely.

"Aquila Scott" she shook his hand.