𝐕𝐈𝐈 • 𝐒𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐈𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞

❝ Justice Delayed Is Justice Denied ❞

        The clock read six forty-five am when I finally put down the fantasy novel I'd been reading. I originally wanted to prep for the classes but tempted by the urge to drown myself in a world of words was stronger. I decided to get ready early, classes did not start before eight thirty am, but we were required to be ready to have our breakfasts.

I took a quick shower and pulled on my new witch robes, which were black and blue, with Ravenclaw's crest tailored into the robe. I had to dry my hair with a towel, though Dad was sometimes considered the god of magma and I could produce heat from my body which helps in drying my hair but only to a certain extent.

I brushed my hair and let it fall loose, I used to have hip-length hair, but having such long hair needed care and was quite a disturbance while dueling. Hence, I cut it short. My black waves reached up to my chest.

By this time, one of the girls with flaming red hair had woken up and was staring at me.

"Such an early bird, huh?" She muttered sleepily.

"Does it still count if I said I didn't sleep at all?"

The girl raised her eyebrows and then disappeared into the bathroom.

I stuffed my sling bag with quills, ink, parchment paper, and some textbooks and left the common room. Hardly anyone was awake. I decided to wander around the castle it was magnificent some portraits said hello to me. I was walking down the stairs without keeping any track of my steps, and into corridors of different parts of Hogwarts.

I bumped into someone, it wasn't just someone, it was Albus Dumbledore headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Maybe I was in trouble, but Dumbledore smiled.

"What are you doing in this corridor, Miss Scott?" he asked softly.

"I...I was—" I didn't know what to say. Wouldn't it sound weird if I said I was wandering around randomly?

"I was exploring the castle, sir," I stated.

"That's good, Miss Scott. I hope the third-floor corridor is not on your exploring list of yours," he reminded and walked ahead of me.

I was tempted to see what was in that corridor, I wanted to know what could be so bad that it gives me the most painful death, but how could I get in there without getting caught? Guess I should probably stay away from it.

"Of course not sir," I said. I couldn't disobey direct orders. That would be bad.

"Good." he started to walk away but paused and asked, "...and do you need any help in navigation, Miss Scott?"

I glanced around me, I had no idea where was I, and I would never find my way back. How lucky of me! Albus Dumbledore reading my mind and offering help. Maybe he had seen students getting lost at times in his life.

"Please, thank you," I said smiling sheepishly.

He chuckled and said "It's alright, follow me," I followed him to the great hall. I went over to the Ravenclaw table and sat down beside a girl she looked up from her plate.

"First year?" she asked. I nodded.

" I'm Padma Patil," she introduced. Padma had bronzed skin, luminous black hair braided in a single plat, and dark brown eyes. 

"Aquila Scott," She was about to say something when someone interrupted.

"Hiya! Morning!" Alan chipped in. He looked brighter than ever with a wide grin plastered on his face he was in his Ravenclaw robes too.