Droid Chase

Robotnik's truck is parked outside the rest stop and workers are installing a new window for the Piston Pit while Robotnik and Agent Stone interview the bar patron from the night before.

"Did he say where he was going?" Stone asked the thug.

"Maybe. Maybe not. Like I'd ever tell you," the thug growled as he handed the picture when Stone took a picture of Tom.

"Stand down, Agent Stone," Robotnik answered, pushing him aside. "This well-meaning citizen obviously doesn't understand the urgency of the matter."

"Really?"

"Now that's what I call good cop, bad cop," the doctor snarled. Robotnik gives the thug a smug grin and then hurls him out the window yet again. As Robotnik and Agent Stone leave the Piston Pit, he holds his hand out and Agent Stone goes for a high five, but Robotnik tricks Stone and punches him in the abdomen.

"Left yourself open!" he laughed.

Later, the two men were now inside the truck, searching for the creature. "Judging by the quickest route to San Francisco, the approximate speed of their vehicle and local weather conditions... they should be... right about... here."

The image of the road map zooms in and shows Tom's truck on the tracking.

"That's brilliant, sir," Stone replied.

Tom and Angel continued on their journey to California as the creature in her jacket still lay there.

"So, what's on your bucket list?" Angel asked.

"Who, me?" Tom turned her head to her.

"Well, sure, but, I mean, you're the one protecting the creature, and I'm not planning on dying anytime soon."

"Don't be so sure. What would you care if Robotnik torched your place?" Angel asked, narrowing her eyes. "We could have almost died so many times."

"Okay, there is one thing. In Green Hills, I've always felt," Tom said, "I don't know, more like a babysitter than a real cop, you know? So I want a chance to prove myself, under real pressure. I'm gonna move to San Francisco, become a street cop so you can live with your mother. And, I don't know, see if I have what it takes."

"You're leaving Green Hills?!" Angel gasped. "Why would you leave Green Hills?"

"This may be hard for you to understand, but Green Hills is a small town. It's a very small town."

"But it's a perfect town, and the people need you," Angel replied.

"Please, I clean out their gutters, I jump-start their cars in the winter. They could call anybody to do that."

"You're not making any sense! You come from a great town with great people and, by my count, zero bad guys trying to kill you!" Angel cried. "Besides, what could possibly be more important than protecting the people you care about? Why would you do that?!"

Before Tom could respond, the sound of shattering glass rang out. A grappling hook broke through their back window and buried itself in the dashboard. A red dot appeared on Angel's bundle and her head. Angel suddenly realized this. She spun around to see a spinning egg shaped drone on the other end. Angel knew these drones. Robotnik. This creep was turning out to be, well, a creep.

"Angel!" Tom gasped. "Your body!"

Angel stared at her body and saw that her hair and arms and flickering electric sparks and her eyes were turning amber and white. "Oh, no, no, no, no, not again!"