Chapter 11.5 - Tzusumi Mansion (2)

A/N: New phones here!! Currently on the next chapter! How have you guys been? I really need to get used to IPhone Keyboard💀

———

The green haired woman walked into the house, followed by a sniffling Zenitsu.

„Something about this house feels off, Tanjiro. We should be careful. Maybe the demon has a bloody demon art.."

There was indeed an eerie tension in the air. Y/N's hand held onto her spear, amber eyes watching the room intently. As Tanjiro began to walk further into the corridor they where in Zenitsu started wailing once again.

„You two have to promise me that you'll protect me! Pleeaase!"

Y/N gave him an annoyed side glance as she walked up to Tanjiro. The boy turned towards Zenitsu, speaking up.

„Zenitsu.. I'd like to tell you something. During my last fight, I broke both my legs and my ribs. And the broken bones didn't have the time to heal properly until now so.."

Y/N's gaze softened as she looked at the boy, placing her hand on his shoulder.

„I will protect you, Tanjiro. I won't let what happened last time happen again."

Zenitsu meanwhile, was getting a full blown panic attack.

„WHAT? YOU HAVE BROKEN BONES? ARE YOU CRAZY? HOW DO YOU INTEND TO PROTECT ME WITH BROKEN BONES?"

Y/N let out a sigh as she walked up to the blonde, squatting down in front of him. Eyes locked with his, she extended her hand, softly caressing Zenitsu's hair. Her voice was gentle, yet it held a tinge of annoyance.

„Calm down. I'm here. I know this is a stressful situation but try to breathe. Try to stay calm. There we go. In and out."

Y/N's gaze softened as she watched the boy do as he was told, his ragged breathing calming down. Zenitsu took a few deep breaths. He was scared, incredibly so. Yet somehow, Y/N's voice managed to calm his mind. He looked up at the woman, nodding as he stood up again. His voice was quiet, almost a whisper.

„Promise me I won't die, Y/N."

Y/N gave him a nod, pushing some strands of green hair out of her face. Suddenly, Y/N felt two presences approaching them. Her brows furrowed as she noticed who they where. The kids that where supposed to stay with Nezuko's box. Cursing under her breath, she stood up, looking at Tanjiro. The maroon haired boy had a worried look on his face as he spoke up.

„What are you two doing? You're not supposed to be in here!"

The young boy spoke up, voice shaky.

„B-but the box! It was moving and made strange noises!"

Y/N knelt down to be at eye level with the children.

„And you leave it behind even tho Tanjiro asked you to protect it? This box is very important to both me and him. So please.."

Y/N's sentence was interrupted by the ground starting to shake. Something was happening. And the adeptus didn't like it one bit. She reached for Tanjiro's hand, but before she could grab it the boy was pushed into the next room by a panicked Zenitsu. The sound of a drum. Her eyes widened as she saw the walls around them change. A different room. Another drum sound. The walls changed again. Y/N tightened her hold on the polearm, trying to think of a way to get herself and the others out of this house while keeping them alive. Extending her arm, she pulled the other child to her side, holding him there. She wanted to go search for Tanjiro, yet she didn't know if she could trust Zenitsu to protect the boy next to her.

Conqueress of Demons - KnY x fem! Xiao ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara