Chapter 16 - Rulebreaker

A/N: The name of the chapters might be a little incorrect since I'm trying to put as much scenes as I can in it but they're still a bit short :9
Meaning not episode accurate. Might fix this with a filler we'll see.

————

„Rui? Are there any other demons on this mountain right now?"

Y/N asked, looking at Rui sternly. The demon nodded, walking up to Y/N.

„Yes. The rest of my fami- No. The rest of my servants."

The woman let out a sigh.

„Do you have control over them?"

Rui nodded, extending his arms, looking up at her as if asking for a hug. The golden eyed woman hesitantly pulled him into her strong arms. The young boy out his head onto her chest, listening to her steady heartbeat.

„Not directly. But they listen to me. They do what I want when I tell them too.. I told them to act as a family."

Y/N's face held a gentle expression as she patted his back.

„I see. Can you give me their locations?"

Rui nodded.

„I'll take you to them. It seems like mother is already dead but.. father, brother and sister are still here."

Y/N pulled back from the hug.

„Tell me Rui.. can you shrink?"

Rui nodded again.

„I see. Then.. I'll take you with me for now."

The adeptus let Rui climb onto her back, holding onto her strong shoulders.

„Where to?"

„This way."

Rui pointed in a direction. Y/N smiled slightly and started running.

„Rui.. I need you to give the doctor I spoke about a sample of your blood later. Can you do that?"

The boy nuzzled into her shoulder, mumbling.

„Mhm. Can do that, big sister."

Y/N's expression became softer as he called her that.

„For now I am Y/N. Call me big sister once we formed our own bond, Rui."

She smiled slightly. Jumping up, a clearing in the forest came into sight. Alongside a.. floating house? A body was laying on that house. And that body was..

„Zenitsu!"

Y/N called out, landing on the floating house. Zenitsu was gravely injured, blood running down his nose and staining his clothes. There was a purple spot on his hand. It looked like a bite..

„A spider bite? Rui? Do you know what that is?

„It's from my.. it's from the demon that used to act as my brother. The poison will turn him into a spider as well.."

Y/N nodded, setting Rui down. Zenitsu stared at both of them with wide eyes, still trembling. Y/N knelt down, soothingly patting his head.

„No worries. He isn't the enemy. He's an ally."

Zenitsu was still staring at her, tears running down his cheeks.

„Rui.. do you know how to reverse this process?"

Rui shook his head.

„I see. Then.."

Y/N knelt down, carefully brushing some tears from Zenitsu's cheek.