Chapter 22 - Deep Sleep

A/N: I love love love this opening! It's so good🙏

————-

An eerie feeling washed over Y/N as they boarded the train, walking through the wagons one by one. People looked up from their books or newspapers, admiring the woman. She didn't look ordinary with those tattoos of hers and the mask on her belt. Ignoring the stares, she followed Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke trailing behind them. Later was now excitedly clinging to one of the windows, pressing his masked head against the glass.

„Wow! So fast! I've never seen something so fast!"

A deep sigh left Y/N's lungs as she continued to walk. Zenitsu pulled her sleeve.

„Y/N! He's a pillar, right? Rengoku, I mean. Do you know what he looks like?"

Y/N shrugged. How could she forget someone as bright as that guy?

„He's.. pretty bright."

Tanjiro nodded.

„Yes! And he has quite the noticeable hair! I also remember his scent!"

Brushing some of her green hair out of her face, she gently brought it down again, tracing the tattoo on her arm. A green vermillion bird. As she looked up again, she met the wide eyes of a little boy, pointing at the mask on her belt. With a small frown, Y/N pushed her Haori over it, hiding the valuable accessory. She didn't want too much attention on them, for the sake of the mission.

„Are you sure that Rengoku guys is really here?"

Zenitsu asked again as Tanjiro opened the door to the next wagon.

„I'm quite sure he is! Why would the crow lie to-"

The boy jolted as he heard a loud voice echoe through the wagon.

„Delicious!"

Zenitsu was hiding behind Y/N, making her look down at him with furrowed brows. The voice could be heard once more.

„Delicious!"

The woman was the first to walk up to the man sitting in the compartment, simply sitting down next to him, making the man's eyes go wide for a second. He placed his bento box down, studying her form before he spoke up.

„I know you."

Y/N put her head onto her palm, looking at the other three.

„Do you now? What an excellent memory you have."

Tanjiro and the other two where looking at the man, who was giving Y/N a bright smile.

„Yes! You're the one who kicked Sanemi into a tree. Would you like a Bento?"

Kyojuro didn't really know this woman too well, yet he had the urge to share his meal with her. This made a small grin form on Y/N's lips. It was a bit creepy but well.

„Just how I wanted my first impression to go. And.."

Just as she was about to decline, she saw one of the boxes labeled with „Almond Tofu". Her mouth watered as she slowly took the lunch box.

„Thanks."

„Any time, my Lady!"

Tanjiro and Zenitsu shyly pushed their heads into Kyojuro's field of view, stuttering.

„U-Uhm.. could we.. do you have a second?"

The man turned his head, looking at them.

„Of course."

Y/N was munching on her food, a pleased expression on her face. Delicious. Simply delicious. Kyojuro watched her with a smile of his own, before shifting his attention back to the young boys.