Grave

A/N: Free Palestine!

For those who don't know there is a genocide going on in Gaza, if you're able to please sign a petition to stop the genocide or donate to charities who are helping the people of Gaza. ❤️

It was a beautiful sunny day, the sun's rays showered upon the plants and animals, basking them in it's warmth and light.

And underneath the bright sun, a child watches the animals go about their day. He sees the birds flying through the sky, the tabby cat patroling the graveyard, and the mice foraging while avoiding any danger.

It certainly was a peaceful day, yet the child couldn't help but sigh as he watched the world go on without him.

He felt disheartened. It had been a very longtime since any of his family members had come to visit him.

As he sat atop his grave and let his legs hang in front of it, he looked up towards the blue sky. He watched the clouds pass by and the blinding sun shining between them, he didn't bother to blink at the sight of it though.

Why would he need to blink? After all the sun couldn't harm his eyes anymore, in fact nothing could harm him anymore. That's one of the few perks of being dead.

The child then looked at the striped shirt and dark blue shorts he was wearing, wondering how long had he been in them and wishing he could change out of them into some new clothes.

As the child continued to think about things, he soon saw something move far off in the distance at the graveyard's gates. He turned his head to get a better look at it, and when it came closer he recognised what, or rather who it was.

A tall man who had black hair tied in a ponytail which rested over the man's right shoulder.

He didn't know the man personally, but the man came to the graveyard so frequently that he recognised him.

The child was slightly scared of the man, not because the man had done anything wrong, but because the child was afraid of strangers.

When he first saw the man come to the graveyard he cautiously watched what the man was doing.

He wanted to make sure that he wasn't going to hurt any of the animals that he liked to watch, and to his relief he didn't. Instead the man simply placed flowers onto a grave like all the other visitors.

What was different with the man however was that with each visit he placed flowers onto a different grave eachtime.

The man seemed to be the one to visit the graveyard the most, and with each of his visits, the child feared him less and less. It never completely went away, but it is much better than how it was in the beginning.

Despite this, the child floated and hid behind his grave with the tall grass surrounding him. He did not want to be seen by any stranger, including the man.

Even though he had the ability to make himself invisible to living things, he had this irrational fear his ability would fail him, which is why he hides anytime a stranger is in the graveyard.

The child was slightly curious which grave the man was going to visit today, and peeking from behind his grave, he watched the man walk along the concrete path between the graves.

To his surprise, the man stopped in front of his grave. His wondered why, after all he didn't know the man, so why would he pay his grave a visit?

As the child stayed hidden, the man looked at the words engraved on the grave.

"Chris." The man uttered the name on the grave.

The child froze. That was his name.

Chris then saw the man crouch down and place a bouquet of small blue flowers onto his grave.