hot tub - matt

Summary - matt and reader share a moment in the hot tub while on a trip with their friends

warnings - fluff, kissing, thats about it

The triplets, Madi and I were all on a trip in San Diego for a few days. I have been friends with them for a few years, and during that time I had developed a crush on Matt. I was a sucker for his gentle nature, his sense of humor, and I had always especially loved his tattoos. Everyone knew about this, except for Matt himself. I always told myself that Matt could never like a girl like me, and to save myself from getting hurt I never told him. Sometimes I got a hint of flirtiness from Matt, but it never went any further so I pushed it aside.

We were on our last day of the trip, so of course we all made the most of it. After a day full of shopping and exploring San Diego, and then a trip to the beach, everyone was pretty tired by the time we got back to our Airbnb. Around 10pm, we all decided to go to bed as we had a long drive back home in the morning. As we each walked to our respective rooms, Matt and I shared a glance and a small smile before closing our doors.

As I lay in bed for what felt like hours, I could not seem to fall asleep, no matter how hard I tried. I rolled over and grabbed my phone to look at the time. 1:47am. 'damn' I thought as I began to decide what to do next. That's when I saw a text from Matt in my recent notifications.

hey, you up? 1:30am

im in the hot tub if u wanna join :) 1:32am

I felt my heart beat faster as I read the texts over and over again. Matt and I had never really shared moments alone, just the two of us. I was trying to think of possible reasons why Matt decided now was the time to get me alone, but I stopped myself as I realized I was overthinking the situation. Instead of responding, I switched my phone off and got out of bed to put on my bathing suit. It was a deep red bikini that I had bought specifically for this trip. I hadn't worn it yet, so I decided now was the perfect time. I grabbed a towel, then quietly opened and closed my door, making my way down the hallway and out the glass sliding doors leading to the pool area.

As I stepped outside, I caught a glimpse of Matt. He had his back to me, but I could see his messy hair that I always loved, and the outline of his shoulder and back muscles as he had his arms up on the sides of the hot tub. I didn't realize how long I had been staring, but apparently Matt had heard me come outside.

"Are you just gonna stand there and stare, or are you gonna get in?" he said with a smile, as he turned to look at me.

My cheeks immediately flushed as I snapped out of my trance. "Oh, sorry. Yeah, I'm coming!" I said, setting my towel down and walking toward the hot tub.

I felt Matt's gaze on me as I walked down the steps and into the warm water, but I stayed silent. I sat down across from him, my cheeks still red, while he remained calm with a small smile forming on his lips.

"You can come closer, you know." he says.

"Okay." I said with a small giggle. I moved closer to him, still leaving about 3 feet of space between us.

"What, do I make you nervous?" he smirked as he moved his arm to wrap loosely around my shoulders.

Curious about his intentions, I replied "What if I said you did?"

He pulled me even closer to him, and in a lower tone he said "You don't ever have to be nervous around me, you know that, right?"

I let out a nervous giggle and turned to face him. "Where are you going with this, Matt?"

" You can't tell? How much more obvious can it get?" he smiled, and paused as his eyes met mine. "I like you, y/n. Fuck it, I'm in love with you. You don't have to say anything either, but-"

In an instant, I cut him off by wrapping my arms around his neck, my fingers finding their way to his hair. He got the hint, as he leaned in closer to me, until finally his lips captured mine. He pulled me into his lap so he could deepen the kiss. We moved in perfect sync with each other, as if this was always meant to be. As we both pulled away for air, Matt's hands remained on my hips as he admired me.

"You're so beautiful, you know that?" Matt told me, taking in every inch of my body.

"Shut up and kiss me again." I replied, gently running my fingers down his tattooed arm.

Without a word, he placed one more gentle kiss on my lips, and I nestled my head into the space between his neck and collarbone. "I love you Matt."

"I love you too." He replied, his voice barely above a whisper. "So, does this mean you'll be my girlfriend?"

"Yes Matt, it does." I said with a hint of sass.

Needless to say, we both fell asleep easily after that, wrapped in each others arms.