Chapter 03: Broken and Shattered

All the kids sat right in the places they were, shocked about the revelations mentioned inside "The Blood Bath"

It was indeed standing true to its name. The web articles, newspaper articles, images, and the investigation reports of the murder of the Vachirawit Family were included in the in the confidential files, which shocked them, especially August.

The way a part of the family was killed as a sudden fire in the house, the way another part of the family was killed in the way of being murdered by burglars in the same night at the same time and the way the fire was covered as a sudden domestic fire and the murdering as another normal street burglar act even though it was too obvious that it was committed intentionally by one party, everything was there.

The names of the police officers who helped to cover up the fact, the scanned copies of the investigation documents which clearly stated the blood bath as some other normal unfortunate situation which happened in the country, how all the officers involved to the cover up the murders were murdered later and how no proof against any criminal party was found, shocked them too much.

What dazed them the most was getting to know that "The Pool" was created for a reason. All along, they thought it was the security firm to protect their families. Getting to know about the family of Vachirawits and their close relationship with the three families and knowing "The Pool" was created to bring justice to Vachirawits made them understand how important Vachirawit family must have been to theirs.

Looking at the family tree of Vachirawits made them realize, there cannot be a single descendant in that family other than August because all the others are perfectly dead and suddenly it came to their realization why Bright is the most dangerous person in their life at the moment.

"How the hell can a Vachirawit exist without a root?"

Singto wiggled his eyebrows muttering to himself and glanced at Gulf, who looked like zoned out of the world and at the same time pissed off.

August, on the other hand, was facing the most existing continental crisis in his life. He knew that his father went missing and that his mom had died. But all along, what he thought was they were accidents, though he had a bit of suspicion about his father's sudden disappearance. Now, with the new information circulating in his mind, he was pretty sure that both his parents' deaths have something to do with this.

He, who usually succeeded in concealing his emotions, was now miserably failing with unknown tears streaming down his eyes. He just rested his head on the backrest of the couch, trying to figure out what to do with this new information messing up his mind.

To his amazement, he felt a gentle hug on his waist with two little soft hands cuddling around him. He opened his eyes to be confronted with Love hugging him and patting his back softly.

Strangely, it did comfort him. Suddenly, he was tightened with hugs of Win, Gulf Singto, and Dew, and he just buried his head in their arms, letting his tears flow freely until he felt he was at ease.

After a few minutes of the comforting silence which was only interfered with August's sniffles, all of them composed themselves and faced back to the reality and the present where first of all they confronted with "Told y'all nothing is good" faces of Tay and New.

Win could totally feel his anger rising because all along, they were kept in the dark, and it was a very important matter to them because of August. If Bright never turned up, he guessed that they would forever be kept in the dark. He did not suppress his anger, nor did he have the strength to do so because his whole soul was pretty screwed up with the newly found information.

"Don't look at us like that. Things would not have turned out this way if you guys fed us with these things from the very beginning."

Win said, fuming, to which New apologetically replied,