Chapter 07: Memories Bring Back

It was hard. Hard to see what Bright was going through. Every time Bright was beaten up, every time that fucker ended up fucking a women in front of his innocent eyes, Mew, Max, Tul and Push felt their throats dried up and they felt the fear Bright was feeling, crawling on their nerves by just watching it. They felt disgusted and horrified by every seconds of the video and they felt like they were suffocating instead of Bright.

Mew suddenly closed the laptop when it was another footage of Bright being assaulted as if he was a stray dog and he felt like he was hyperventilating. Every memory that was trapped inside his mind was now breaking loose and it took him a lot of courage to gather himself up so he won't lose his sanity. Why you ask that the other boys were not calming him down? It was because they, themselves were having a hard time in breathing. Not that they had not seen such kind of stuff before, but watching the footages all in a row was a bit too much to take in all at once.

"Not watching that again."

Mew said breathing heavily.

"Nope. Definitely not."

Max said wiping his sweat on the forehead when the air conditioner was pouring freaking cold in the office room.

There were two reasons that Mew decided not to watch it again. One. He felt like he was invading Bright's life and he felt the boys despair. Two. He hated to visit his past. All of them remained for a few minutes, not speaking a single word to each other. Once they calmed down, the first voice that broke the air was Push's and his question was the most expected for Mew.

"Are you okay, Nong?"

He could see the faces of his two best friends Max and Tul getting tensed up and both of them gave a very knowing look to him.

"I'm fine Phi. Those sufferings. Long lost. Long gone."

Mew added smiling. He was actually fine. To his wonder, he was fine. Because if he was not, he would never think twice to tell it in front of them. They are his saviors, his supporters and there was nothing in his life that they did not know.

The three of them stared at Mew for a few more seconds after Mew's reply trying to size up whether he was telling the truth and once they concluded that Mew was not lying, they thumped their bodies back on the couch.

"You know what I can't believe the most out of this?"

Push asked still dazed in his thoughts and to which all the other three boys looked at him without speaking.

"The fact that it is really Pat Vachirawit. August's father. I knew him very well when he was still with us and damn, he was a good man."

Push continued.
"I know right..."

Mew sighed as he added.

"I know we guessed it was him, even before we watched this because he is the only one of Vachirawit elders who is still alive but still, I had a brink of hope that it would not be him. I really wished we would have a person remaining alive as an elder for August and Bright to call theirs. But this is not a human. This is a freaking monster."

After a few minutes of tensed silence,

"So... who is taking Bright and who is taking that brat August?"

Tul asked.

Both Max and Tul knew August really well because August was a part of The Pool and both of them once overlooked his training.

"August is familiar with the both of you. So he would be fine with any. But you Max, being outspoken and outrageous may scare that poor boy who do not know any of these.