O74

Nayeon and Jeongyeon began walking into the woods, where there was no signal, so nothing would ruin their date.

-What do you have in your backpack?- Nayeon asked the other.

-You'll see. It's... A stupid thing actually.

-I don't think it's stupid. Where's your necklace?

-Oh I didn't bring it. I was afraid of losing it. It is so precious to me.

Nayeon smiled and rested her head on Jeongyeon's shoulder as they continued walking and kept their fingers crossed. They walked for a long time until they stopped in front of a stream. Jeongyeon grabbed her backpack and started looking for some boxes and a tablecloth.

-I... I organized a picnic. If you like it, of course.

Nayeon smiled. -Of course I like it. Although... Do you know what I'd like to eat?

-What? I made pasta with-

-You.

-Oh I didn't bring the yogurt.

Nayeon rolled her eyes and giggled, placing her lips on Jeongyeon's, which went from dry to moist in a matter of seconds. Jeongyeon squeezed Nayeon's waist and Nayeon did the same and their lips moved together slowly. It was no longer a desperate kiss full of lust, there was both the awareness of being able to be together, of feeling something great, something that would not disappear in the blink of an eye, not even in the space of three hundred years, or maybe I should say two hundred and eighty-eight.

Jeongyeon parted due to lack of oxygen and rested her forehead against hers. -How beautiful you are and how lucky I am.

Nayeon hugged her, hugging her tightly. -I l...- she stopped in mid-air. Her words were coming out spontaneously but she, out of fear of her, had blocked them.

Jeongyeon understood what was about to happen and she wasn't disappointed, in fact she was happy that she was about to say those words.

She decided to pronounce them for both of them. -I love you, Nayeon. And, if you agree to spend the rest of your life with me, I promise to try to make you the happiest person in the world. I don't know if I'll succeed, but the only thing I won't try, but I'm sure I will do, is to love you.

-Why didn't I meet you before?-Nayeon asked, separating from her embrace and giving her a kiss on her lips.

They sat on the tablecloth and Jeongyeon began opening glass boxes that she had placed dinner in. Each took one and they began to eat in silence. The stream ran fast, while the wind moved the trees. No one could have interrupted that moment.

-The atmosphere is so peaceful here. My parents always took me here.

-Oh Jeongyeon...- The girl looked at the other. -I was wondering... You told me that they are your adoptive parents.

Jeongyeon nodded, she already understood what Nayeon wanted to ask her. -I don't know who my real parents are, but I'm not even angry with them, maybe they had their reasons. And then... I would never have met my parents like this. And... I probably would never have met you either, so I'm happy with everything that happened to me, because in the end they brought me to you.

Nayeon smiled, looking down at her. -I suffered a lot but... If this means I will be happy with someone else then...

-Someone else like who?

-I don't know...- she looked up. -I have so many suitors...

-Oh I see. Anyone in particular that caught your attention?

-Maybe a girl I would like to take to the hotel tonight.

-And... What if they saw us and...

-What do I care? Sooner or later the truth will come out, right? And then... I don't want to give up being happy now that I have the chance.

Jeongyeon smiled with satisfaction. -This is exactly what I want for you. Just don't act just out of fear of others.

-Jeongyeon, are you willing to live surrounded by stupid paparazzi and the web that will do nothing but criticize us?

-Are you kidding? I don't care in the slightest what they say. Just as I defended you before as a fan, I will defend you now, always with my fanpage.

Nayeon giggled. -Do you have a fan page for me!? Is it still active?

Jeongyeon blushed. -The last post is from yesterday.

-Oh my God... You're such a fan. Aren't you going to tell my private information out there?- she joked.

-I could sell them... Not bad. You know, I'm the one who told everyone that you're dating me.

Nayeon giggled. -If you were anyone else I would have believed you.

Jeongyeon smiled. -It's nice that you know me enough to trust me.

excited for the next book because it's quite a soft and dramatic story