Chapter THREE: "The Mother, Hannah."

-Two And A half Hours Ago-

[Arteus and Hannah's Home]

"...You..."

A sharp crack in her voice and its immediately apparent that whoever stands opposite Hannah at the door wears a familiar face, but not one she had expected to see today... not after all these years.

"..."

"What are you doing here."

???

"..."

"Won't you answer me?"

??? *stretches out hand.

"..."

"Wh-what about Art?"

???

*SMACK!!

*POOOOAOAOAAAAAAAAA!!!

...Horns blare

"..."

"Arty..."

-The Present-

[Arteus Montfreed]

"MOM!"

"MOM!!"

Arteus' thoughts are full...

"Please be okay!!"

The pain is written across his face...

*BAM!

"AAAhh...."

He trips...

"CRAP! CRAP! CRAPP!!!!"

Arteus runs...

The wind did not howl a savage cold this time... it howled something sinister.

Arteus chest was tightening with every stride he took.

The clouds gathered. And day was slowly turning to night and that sixth instinct that tells someone when they're being watched was working around the clock for Art.

The hungry eyes that watched him as he darted through the forestry more than apparent to him.

"HUH?!"

The exclamation came with a sudden halt when Art was faced with a shortcut back home.

Two steps forward and looking over the hill he was thrown off as a kid Art could see the village. Art could see Barley.

"...haaa...haaaa..."

Not much of a shortcut now is it, Art?

Couple paces back and Art's only concern is getting back home. His only worry is not seeing her smile ever again. Not feeling her warmth.

"haaa... haaaaa"

Two deep breathes in... a calmed heart... and slowed breathing.

"HUP!"

*TUT! *TUT! *TUT!

For the first time in his life Arteus uses all the strength in his body.

His speed is incomprehensible.

Cracks form on the ground with every stride he takes.

And with a great big leap.

Arteus flies through the sky...

"..."

*fwwooOOOSSSHHH!!!!

!!!BANG!!!!

One thunderous explosion later and Art breaks through the thatched roof of Red Square. The biggest store in the Barley marketplace.