Chapter SIX: "The Stalker, Red-square."

[Near Red-square]

"..."

Lilly, grandmother on her back, is lost in thought as the newly formed group walk slow through the snow.

-A Couple Hours Ago-

"..."

!!!!BOOOM!!!!

A cloud of snow is thrown up into the sky!!!

"AH--"

"EH..."

"AH..."

The area is brought to a sudden silence as a thunderous explosion brings a reason for pause...

*Cloud begins to clear

"...Gracie?..."

Lilly panics watching the centre of the eruption with keen, worried eyes when a silhouette begins to form.

The silhouette, none other than Arteus...

Following on the cries for help he heard and arriving just on time!!!

"Huh?"

The confusion on Lilly's face is more than apparent...

*Cloud clears

"!!!"

...Much more so when the cloud clears and she realizes that laid at his feet is the crushed skull of the Alpha!!!

"...I'll take it from here..."

Arteus' words ring cold, empty and devoid of emotion or heroic intent as he rises slow.

His hand bloodied heavily from the blow he planted on the alpha.

"..."

*Schlick!

The sound is nauseating as Art pulls a thick piece of bone from his glove that grotesquely stuck on from the fractured skull of the alpha.

"..."

And with a simple gesture to the rest of the pack... the battle is on.

The Arctic-wolf pack... come rushing forth angrily... and in full force when...

"AH! WAIT YOU--"

*GRRR!!!

The first beast pounces!!!

However...

Art anticipated this and in a move that would be called foolish if anyone else did it... He uses his left arm as bait!

Drawing the wolf in and allowing it to bite into it!

*CRUNCH!!!

"..."

"AH..."

Lilly's face tells the full story! He's crazy...

"...Hm"

The next move while not as ingenious still only served to highlight just how logic defying Arteus was in this battle!

*Shing

Fwoosh!!!!

In one quick ending movement, Arteus pulled out a short dagger from his coat and flung it at the wolves on standby!

KCH! KCH!! KCH!!!

The spin he added to it, with near half the strength in his arm, making it act like a boomerang!

Flying in a circle as it slit the throats of three of the oncoming wolves before lodging itself in the tree right next to Lilly!!!!

*THUD!