012. { that's not normal. }

🌺☁️[real life, instagram]☁️🌺

012. { that's not normal. }

"laila you're actually a dumbass." charlie says when she sits up. charlie stayed at laila's house last night and she's been awake this morning for about an hour as she waits for laila to wake up. "laila," she says, shaking her when she sees the post laila made on instagram last night right before bed. "LAILA." she shakes her again and laila replies with a groan.

"what." she mumbles.

"why did you post that? the comments are going insane." charlie shakes her head. 

"post what? where? what?" she asks, sitting up and frantically unlocking her phone. "oh, this?" she says, turning her phone over to charlotte. when charlotte nods, she furrows her eyebrows. "what about it?" she shrugs.

"read the comments," she says. laila's eyes widen and she presses her lips together.

"i had a feeling they would do that but i thought people were more focused on you and chris-"

"me and chris?" charlie says, widening her eyes and pointing at herself.

"yeah... why do you seem surprised?" she says, taken aback by charlie's tone. "you guys have been hanging out nonstop for three weeks straight and posting about it. can i get an update or what?" she asks.

"update? on what? we were just hanging out-"

"update me on the guy you've liked since freshman year." laila rolls her eyes.

"well i stopped liking him like that in sophomore-" charlotte lies. she's been telling everyone that lie since sophomore year. the year she accepted that she would never tell chris how she felt. she didn't want to ruin their close friendship.

"shut the fuck up, you know you're still in love. you know you can talk to me, right?" 

"yeah-"

"then tell me what the fuck is going on!" laila exclaims.