018. { perfect timing }

🌺☁️[real life]☁️🌺

018. { perfect timing }

charlotte drives to the restaurant chris chose, which is ihop. she doesn't know why he chose to go there for dinner, but she doesn't care because she's starving. they play lil skies songs in the car and chris talks about how happy he would be if he met him. they talk about dreams, memories, and how far they've come on the drive.

when they arrive, chris immediately gets out of the car and goes to charlie's side to open the door for her. she smiles and gets out of the car as they both walk up to the restaurant together, charlie placing her hand in chris' and giving it a squeeze.

chris can't stop smiling and blushing at anything she says, he's shocked she didn't figure out he had a crush on her earlier. little does chris know, charlie's shocked he didn't know, but how would he? she played it off so well in the beginning.

the hostess grabs the menus and brings them to their table and charlotte recognizes her from school. she of course happens to be one of the girls that chased chris, a little too much. it got to the point where he just had to tell her he didn't like her. it was awkward for chris, but charlotte ignored the girl other than returning her small smile once she seated them.

they eat their dinner and leave the restaurant to go to the flower fields before sunset. they want to take good pictures for their instagrams.

as they get out of the car, chris walks over to charlie and puts his hands on her hips. he gives her a quick kiss and then hugs her, her hugging back immediately. she tells him that she just loves hanging out with him, chris saying the same thing back to her.

"i'm so cool, who wouldn't wanna hang out with me?"

"shut the fuck up, you're so cringe," she giggles. he laughs and then they walk through the fields and talk. they started by talking about isa and laila leaving, then talking about the triplets' future, then about how charlie doesn't know what she wants to do.

"don't rush when you pick your career, ya know?" he says, grabbing her hand and putting his other hand in his pocket. "you don't wanna pick something and end up being unhappy... you might be able so shadow for some jobs you're interested in next year." he suggests.