015. { you don't have to apologize, chris }

🌺☁️[real life, instagram]☁️🌺

015. { you don't have to apologize, chris }

charlie rolls out of bed with tear-stained cheeks and a tub of melted ice cream on her nightstand. she sighs and throws that away before making her bed and washing her face. today is the day before the chemistry test her and chris have been studying for, and today chris is coming to her house to study.

charlotte clears off her desk and brings in another chair from the dining room to put in front of her desk. she didn't want to work in the kitchen since adam is going to be around today. her ringtone makes her head snap up from a polaroid photo of her and chris from sophomore year.

"hey-"

"hey charlie, can i come over now?" chris asks quickly into the phone.

"sure," she says, raising her eyebrows.

"alright, matt's driving me over now," he says, she can tell he's smiling through the phone which makes her smile too. 

"okay-" she says before she's cut off by the dial tone.

~

"sup kid," josh says when he walks into charlotte's room. 

"when are you gonna stop calling me kid," she rolls her eyes, turning to face him.

josh just shrugs. "do you have plans today?" he asks. 

"yeah... chris is coming over and we're studying." she says. josh gives her a weird look followed by a smile which makes her roll her eyes again.

"oooooooo," he teases.

"shut the fuck up," she says, grabbing a pillow to throw at him, but he caught it.

"do you like him?" he asks. charlie just raises her eyebrows instantly, josh has never asked her about whether she likes a boy or not, just whether he has to beat him up or not. charlie just tilts her head at him with a blank stare when he keeps raising his eyebrows nonstop. "you do! you like him-"