Chapter 3

As Abi began approaching her dorm with her key in her hand. she made sure to press her ears into the door, The last time she didn't do this she was traumatized. She didn't hear anything so that gave her the cue that it was safe. she unlocked the door and walked in only to see Maddy on her bed still watching TV. "Where's Kevin?" Maddy looked up rolled her eyes and groaned 'He left, we got into a stupid ass argument about that tropical island thing, He said he didn't want me to go" Maddy got up and continued, "Honestly I don't even want to go anymore maybe you were right." Abi furrowed her eyebrows "no, no, no I said ill think about it." she justified. "yeah but its basically the same thing, we both know when you said you'll think about it it's a clear no." Maddy chuckled. Abi began panicking, she changed her mind! "Maddy..." Maddy turned to Abi "Yeah?" she hummed.

"where did you put the flyer?" she asked lowly. "oh I threw it away." she waved her hand. "what!" Abi yelled making Maddy jump. abi walked over to Maddy shaking her shoulders, "Why would you do that?" Abi said teary-eyed. Maddy removed Abi's hand off her shoulder her face full of shock. "jeez abu calm the fuck down its just in the bin over there." she assured. Abi immediately rushed towards the bin and searched everything in it like a lunatic. Maddy tilted her head and crossed her arms. "ohh I thought someone didn't care about a "camp for adults" she mocked. "I thought you didn't need a vacation." she continued. "vacation for you refuge for me," Abi replied. abi finally found the red flyer and snatched it out of the bin. "yes!" she cheered. "what about the loans?" Maddy confronted.

"I would give my left lung for this trip," Abi replied. Maddy tilted her head in confusion, "huh why the sudden change?" she asked. "Maddy I will go crazy if I stay another week here, I'm ready to pack up and leave!" she yelled. "another day? pack up and leave? wait what do you mean?" Maddy snatched the flyer out of Abi's hand and looked closely at it. "Holy shit abi we only got a week to get everything together!"

abi smiled excitedly "I know isn't that just amazing!" Maddy looked at Abi as if she was crazy. "No, I gotta call my parents give me a moment." Maddy dialed her mother's number on the phone and walked outside to the hall. Abi sat on her bed and looked down. "I'm going to that island, and no one's stopping me," she said to herself. Maddy came right back in and smiled. "they said I can go but.." she said looking at the flyer again. "But what?"Abi stood up. "wee are going to have to go shopping because they have a dress code." she sang. "Are you serious what type of camp has a fu-" Maddy looked at Abi and raised her eyebrows."A luxurious vacation and mind-opening retreat of course," Abi said correcting her statement. Maddy and Abi lay back on Abi's bed. "I'm thinking long flowy white skirt and tube top for me and a really cute short skirt for you and a white bikini top." Maddy giggled.

"yeah you wish," abi said looking up at the ceiling. maddy turned to Abi. "oh, come on! you're going to have to come out of your shell eventually." "yeah, I am! look at me I'm going to this...retreat." she smiled. "But what about the boy's department huh?" Maddy asked. "I thought I said fuck men." abi turned to Maddy. "oh please you been with one guy since the 7th grade he broke your heart in the 11th grade and you decided to go cold turkey." Maddy rolled her eyes. "I think that's justified." abi argued. "there are more guys who will treat you well abi, you just have to put yourself out there, if you keep hiding you'll never be seen," Maddy said as she turned back and faced the ceiling and closed her eyes. abi turned back and closed her eyes as well. "yeah I guess your right." she said right before she closed her eyes as well.