Chapter 10

while riding in the van, it seemed like everyone was sleeping, even Abi, but she fluttered her eyes and stretched as she looked out the window, she saw what was a bunch of white clothes flowing in the wind. But as they drove closer it was people in white linen clothes, with love, with shovels in their hands, and right beside them were long sacks covered, that were stained with blood, and one of the long sacks had a hand slipping out of them. Abi's eyes widened as tears formed, she couldn't believe what she was seeing, she leaned in closer to the window and stared at the people. the people caught sight of her and they all looked up, smiling and waving at her as if nothing was happening. they kept waving and waving and waving as the car drove past the people didn't stop staring as their heads slowly turned following the van. the van was now creating distance between them as the van ke[t driving, she stared back at them, and they were still waving.

Abi felt a nudge from one of the girls next to her, "Hey you okay?" she said putting her hand on Abi's shoulder. "yeah why?" Abi asked as she furrowed her eyebrows. "you're crying." the girl pointed to her face. "oh" she smiled then faced back. into her book, "All alright folks, we're almost there sorry for the long drive." the drover announced. No one answered him.. not even Abi, she was too busy in her head once again. why me? She thought, why am I only seeing these things? were they signs? either way she promised Maddy that she would have fun, and she meant that.

Maddy sat near the front in her van, she wanted to see everything and be the first one out of the van. Maddy looked around, Almost eveyone on her van was sleeping. Except a boy next to her who had his face planted in his book. Maddy looked away and faced forward, a couple moments later and the boy was next to Maddy whispering. "You know, rumors had it or should I say...history, one of the top guys has a peculiar obsession with Greek mythology." He smiled eagerly. Maddy raised an eyebrow and said nothing and shook her head. Then the boys held out his hand. "Sorry, how rude of me to not introduce myself first, the names Thomas ." Maddy gave an awkward smile and grabbed the tip of his fingers and shook it. "Maddy" she said whispering. "You know I also heard this island actually has palaces underground where they make sacrifices." He said fixing his glasses. Maddy continued to stare at him. "You ever been to this island before?" She asked. "No" he responded. "Then you sound like nothing but a conspiracy theorist." Maddy shrugged him off, Thomas smiled. "You know I was going to rebuttal, but my mother always told me to never argue with a beautiful women." He closed his book and turned his body facing her.

A slow smile creeped up on Maddy's face. "Well, your mother taught you well." They sat flirting with each other through their eyes. Until Maddy's eyes shifted to his pants even though something else caught her eyes she was mainly focusing on his pockets. "What's that?" She pointed to the crumpled paper, he looked down at his pockets and took the paper out. "Oh, this is...the map to the island." He un crumpled the paper to show, he squinted his eyes. "You know what's crazy about this map, it was very difficult to find." He said. "Well... it is a private island silly." Maddy laughed. "Yeah, but most private island within a few searches and click you'll find them, Leonardo's, Shakira's, Eddie Murphy's, Johnny depp's, but this, this took almost a month... and the crazy thing about it is this is, I'm pretty sure this isn't even the whole island just a very small portion. He said flipping the map on the other side and staring back at Maddy "weird huh?" Maddy rolled her eyes smiling. "You are thinking about it way to hard, what can I say, they know how to do their job well." Jsut as she said that the van hit a big bump as it woke almost everyone up and pushed Maddy closer to Thomas.

They both blushed and smiled at eachother as the van kept driving. On the road was a naked girl, blood soaking the pavement road from a gun shot wound to the head, as she laid there, eyes wide open. Written on her forehead was "born to serve."