twenty four

behold a chapter and a vent 

quote of the day: "dont judge a person's past and their mistakes. judge them on who they are now, not before. otherwise, doesnt that make us all bad people?"

I like you.

Those three simple words constantly replayed in his mind. Riki had stayed up countless hours thinking about and somehow, he couldn't just get it out of his mind.

Just as they were starting to become normal again, he just had to screw everything up. Again.

He threw his pillow at the wall in frustration. Why did he even kiss her in the first place? He shouldn't have done it in the first place. It only ruined everything.

Who was he kidding anyway? Who kisses someone to make someone go away? It sounded like a pretty stupid and lame excuse to him. Riki didn't blame Hyewon for the way she reacted afterward.

But for some reason, in the heat of the moment, he felt compelled to reach over and close in the distance between their lips. Why? He kept asking himself that over and over to no avail.

She liked him. Did he like her too? Was that what drove him to that moment? As he pondered over the question, he only felt more confused than ever. Was it the reason behind his actions? The more he thought about it, the more he thought that Hyewon was justified in the way he acted.

What was there to like about him anyway? Riki couldn't comprehend how a strong-willed woman like her liked him. There were plenty of other people that were more suitable. Why him?

He hadn't really thought of expanding their relationship beyond a formal charge and hired personnel. Maybe that was why he was so lost.

Riki heaved a sigh before getting up, his fingers grazing the bookshelf, looking for a particular book on the shelf that he borrowed not so long ago. When he found it, he carefully pulled it out of the shelf and sat back down.

The Art of Love.

He flipped through the pages absent-mindedly before stopping at an eye-catching headline.

How to Know You're in Love.

Love is an interesting little thing. It's more complex than most and sometimes, we can't really choose who we love. It's the core of all things. Wars have been fought over love. Fights. We all desire, deep inside, to be loved and understood. Love's a fickle thing that could make us do things we wouldn't do normally. It can drive a person to pure happiness... or madness.

Ask yourself the following questions:

Do you enjoy the person in question's company?

The prince paused at this question. Yes. Her company was not exactly indulging, but it did make him feel comfortable and less alone.

How long have you known this person? Days, months or years?

Months.

Have you ever made offhandedly a move or action towards this person that you question yourself about?

Yes.

How often do you spend time with this person?

A lot of time.

Do you feel comfortable around them? Are they your first person you go to when you need to let everything out? Do you trust them with your life?

Yes.