Chapter 2.2: The Drive: Ren's Car

The car was quiet, except for Natuskis humming coming from the backseat. He seemed to be having a great time, even though he wasn't doing anything. Syo was looking out the window from the backseat, he hated long drives, and he knew that somehow, something was gonna happen to him, with Natsuki beside him. Masato wasn't really doing anything either, just taking in the scenery passing by him. And Ren of course had his eyes fixcated on the road. Suddenly Natsuki took something out from a bag, it looked like a lunchpack, but no it couldn't be, could it? Syo eyed the black box, and waited for the reveal, and just as Natsuki were about to lift the lid, he said with a big smile: "Syo-chan~ I bought some home made cookies~ wanna try one?" Syos eyes widened and just as he was about to protest, a cookie was put into his mouth. The taste of chili, natron, coffee, bitter chocolate, curry, soap and body lotion, all mixed together in his mouth, and he could feel his head explode, and his throat go numb. Natsuki continued to smile, while Syo passed out on the backseat with a quiet yelp. Masato looked to the backseat due to Syos yelp, but then pretended he had seen nothing, with only a big sigh leaving his lips. Again the car was quiet, and that annoyed Ren a little, so he decided to turn on the radio. The channel he turned on didn't quite sooth his taste, so he proceeded to roam through the other channels. Masato grew a little annoyed by his roommates power to take a decision and asked: "Can you please pick a channel, or turn off the radio?" Ren just glanced at him, and answered with a smirk: "My car, my rules pretty boy" The last comment made Masato huff, and look out the window again, but then finally, Ren found a song suitable his taste. And just by hearing the start, Masato could feel that this was gonna be horrible.

The song started of with a beat, known to everybody, and when Natsuki regognised the song, he said: "Oh, it's been a long time since I've heard this one, I like it" Syo were still passed out on the backseat, and something that looked like his soul was leaving his body. Ren looked at them in the rearview mirror, and smiled, Natsuki had a pretty good music taste after all. The song continued with a woman voice saying: "Oh baby baby, oh baby baby" and a beat in the background. When hearing this, Ren drove a hand trough his hair, and looked over at Masato with a smirk, Masato just knocked it of by straring out the window. The song kept on with: "Oh baby baby, how was I supposed to know, that something wasn't right here?" Ren started dancing the best he could in the drivers seat, with hand gestures to Masato, who just ignored him."Oh baby baby, I shouldn't have let you go, and now you're out of sight yeah" the song continued, with Ren still dancing in the seat, and Masato trying his best to ignore him. Natsuki were still in the back, humming a little to the beat, and smiling at the two in the front. "Show me how you want it to be, tell me baby, couse I need to know now, oh because" The song said, and somehow Masato could see in Rens eyes that he was planning something, and he didn't even dare to think about what was going to happen to him. "My loneliness is killing me (and I) I must confess I still believe (still believe) when I'm not with you I lose my mind" When Ren heard these words, he slipped his right arm around Masatos shoulders, with the left one still on the stearing wheel, and pulled him as close as the gearbox allowed him. Masato tried his best to get out of his grasp, and yelled: "Ren, you bastard, let go of me, and drive the car!" Ren let go of him, and gave him a smirk, knowing what came next in the song. Masato sat himslef as close to the window as possible, and looked over at Ren, with a hateful look."Give me a sign. Hit me baby one more time" As Ren heard the words: "Hit me" he slapped himself on his right thigh. When she sang: "baby" he pointed at Masato, and winked. And at last when he heard the words: "One more time" He turned his head to the front window again, and held his right forefinger in front of him, to show "One." Then he put his right hand on the stearing wheel again, made a hairflip, and looked over at Masato again, who looked traumatized.

Syo had awakened in the backseat, and was extremely confused to the scene that was playing out infront of him, one might say that he was a little scared, and marked for life. Before Syo even knew of it, Natsuki threw himself at him and said: "Syo-chan~ look how much fun they're having! Aren't they cute?" Syo lost his breath for a second, and couldn't really say anything else than: "Cute and cute, I think it looks weird, and Masato probably wants to die" Natsuki just whined and hugged Syo even tighter, making him lose his breath again.

As the song continued to play, Ren just kept dancing the best he could in the seat, and everytime the beat from the piano was heard, he switched gear. Masato was a little to scared to move, but in the end, he got the radio turned off, without Ren discovering him. When Ren heard the silence from the radio, he turned to Masato and said: "Party pooper" with an unamused face, Masato just shrugged it of, and stared out the window again. And just as the whole car was quiet again, with all of them looking out the front window, something weird happened. In front of them Reiji's little green car was driving, with Quartet Night, and their Manager in. And somehow, out of nowhere, the car made some kind of turn, in the middle of the road, and just as fast as it had happened, it was on the right course again. Not really knowing what had happened, but all with the same picture imprinted in their minds: Camus' face all squeezed up against the window, making it look like something from a horror movie. They just sat in silence all thinking the same thing: Thank God we are not in that car.