Anniversary

Future timeline, Elleany

Iris~~

This morning was quite active— and stressful. There was a problem at one of my homeless shelters and I spent most of my day trying to solve it. Then I hung around one of the orphanages. It's fun playing with kids, but tiring. I at least got to relax briefly at the dog park with Darcy. I've been wanting to give Jonas a gift, but I haven't seen him all day.

Then I got a call from Colton saying he and Vienna were busy, but they needed Valo's inhaler. So they requested I get it because they fear rebels tampering with it. But it was left in the estate with the buffaloes—two states away. But being (practically) my brother, I didn't mind, so I took one of the private jets to the estate. Darcy slept in my lap the entire trip. Landing just outside the land of the building. We drive past all the buffaloes. The large plot of land makes it so that there's no lights nearby. No lights means no light pollution, meaning you can see the stars clearly. It's so beautiful and to me one of the best features about this place. I reference the text, telling me the inhaler is on the roof.

"Why the heck is an inhaler on the roof?" I ask no one. Except for Darcy. She yips in response, as if to say she doesn't know either. Inside the estate, I walk to the top floor with Darcy following close behind. A clingy old dog she is now. A small staircase takes me to the rooftop. There's a wall in the middle, splitting the roof into two areas. On this side, there's a dog house which Darcy runs into immediately. She settles and I look in to see what she wanted. A small grilled cheese sits inside for her. Odd. How old is that? Should she be eating a possibly old and mold infested grilled cheese. I turn around. A gap in the wall shows a pathway lined by candles. I walk the path, cautious of what awaits at the end. Though, I'm pleasantly surprised by the gift at the end.

Two food platters I guess the contents of and a relaxed preeminence sits on a blanket, leaning back on his hands, "Jonas?"

He glances back, his dark ocean eyes softening at the sight of myself, "Iris," He straightens and rotates toward me, "Happy anniversary, Love."

As I approach, Jonas stands and puts an arm around my waist. His other hand tilts my head to his so we kiss. He beams endearingly just like he has been for the last 16 years of marriage and even before that. We sit down on the blanket. As I expected, the first platter has grilled cheese, a food I'll never be tired of. We each take one and eat. Weirdly, it's mostly silent until we finish. Not that we have nothing to talk about, but we made such a bond where we don't need to talk to have fun together.

"Wow. This is extra good... was there something different done?" I look to my stunning husband, who seems pleased by my attentiveness.

"I used three different cheeses this time. Is it better?"

I grin, "Much better."

"Glad you like it, you grilled cheese connoisseur," Jonas mocks.

But we're both brownie connoisseurs. Quite experts, for it being our traditional dessert since our first date. Under the platter cover is a box— just like the one on our first 'date' together. How sweet! The box is mostly brownies, except for two out of place blondies.

"What's this?" I question.

He laughs sheepishly about it, "Colton stole a sizable chunk of the brownies. I had to have some way of compensating for that loss."

"I bet he enjoyed that chunk."

"Of course."

I gaze at the sky and stars above, "This reminds me of our first time alone together."

"Actually, our first time alone was after Erik's initiation. But yes, the second time is what I intended," He states like a smart alec.

"Well before we eat these... I have a gift for you."