Chapter 37

Anyone want to take a guess as to what unfolds in this chapter?

No? Ok, Have a nice time reading them. ✌️ 

Something jolted through her veins.

Adrenaline.

It was adrenaline.

Her steps hastened, as her body tried to regulate its with constant shivers down her spine.

This can't be real.

It can't be.

Nothing will ever be the same if it is.

But the demeanour of the person was uncanny. Everything was in line with what Alayna was thinking.

Her mouth dried as she was approaching closer.

The woman lifted her chin in Alayna's direction.

As if she knew.

As if an invitation.

It was her.

The lips, the hair, the nose, the cheeks, the smiles lines, but most importantly the eyes. The eyes that were a direct mirror back into her soul.

Alayna had made it to a few feet in front of the woman.

This wasn't the way she wanted to meet her mother.

She was hoping she'd rejoice in reunion with her up in the highest heaven.

This wasn't how it was supposed to go.

Yet this was how it was unfolding.

She was sat beside the woman now.

Her eyes refusing to move from her, as if she was a mirage.

It was her.

An aged, fragile Ayla Khan sat beside the daughter that had mourned her for years. Those tears of pain were now replaced with tears of immense happiness.

"Why are you crying kuri?" Questioned the elderly lady, with her coarse voice.

Ayla cocked her awkwardly in the direction of her daughter.

"You look familiar. Let me look at you." Her hand grabbed Alayna's chin in her soft palm. She moved her hand around scrutinising every feature.

"Nothing is coming to mind. Yaad nahi aati, but my heart is telling me that I know you. Do you know me?"

Tears kept steaming down her face as her heart thumped frantically wishing to be freed of its cage. She spilt open her lips to speak but the voice that emitted was merely a croak.

"I know of you, I never had the privilege to know you." She whispered.

Ayla's eyes widened in shock, "why would you want to know me?"

Alayna's heart dropped, she had a sliver of hope that her mother might recognise her, remember her. But that hope had shattered.

"The people that knew you always spoke so highly of you, you have alway remained my role model." She thought back to the times where her 'perfect' family would tell her about her mother, they told her of her adventurous childhood, her resilient nature and her kind heart.

The fact that she thought she'd die but never did.

Has she been suffering longer than Alayna had assumed?