NATO

NATO 3rd Person POV:

All day, every day, he had one job. 
His brain was always filled with new information to speak about, zooming around inside of him, from simple directions, to the hardest math question on Earth to solve. Countries came constantly to him, but during the night, that would dwindle down till it stopped for a few hours because of something called sleep. 
While information was good, and what he was mostly used for, sometimes countries would come up to him with problems that needed solving. Nobody, and nothing else, could fix their problems as well as he could. And to see their previously hard eyes light up in a cautious hope, well, it made standing here in one spot worth it. 

And sometimes, he could feel her nearby. She would brush through for short periods of time, and he couldn’t explain it, but he felt something like what countries think is “butterflies in the stomach.” Which, logically made no sense, because nobody eats them in the first place, and they for sure don’t grow inside of anybody. But that fluttering feeling always happened. 
He inhaled, and wondered what the air tasted like. He was made to resemble a country down to the smallest detail, but he couldn’t do everything they could. Like breathing. He could pretend that he knew exactly what air smelled like, but in reality, he didn’t know. And he couldn’t actually touch anything, either. 

NATO really had tried, too. As he was watching, a hundred dollar bill had fallen out of somebody’s pocket, and he had stepped off of his pedestal to grab it for them. When his blue fingers were an inch away, he was met with an invisible wall of resistance. 

Another thing he “learned” that day was the funny wide eyed looks that countries made was called fear. And ever since then, he had been told to stand in one spot and never step off of it. 
Looking around his home, he blinked when he saw a slight figure on one of the benches that circled him, her drooping tail laying on the floor, and a book open in front of her. As he looked through his computer-like brain, he finally came to a name. Japan.
But what was she doing here? Earlier, she had narrowed her eyes at him, a sign he knew was anger. Towards him. So what was she doing here? 

He thought about it for a second. Was she waiting for somebody? As he racked his brain for her latest activities online, he found nothing out of the ordinary. She had posted another chapter in a novel she was creating, and was in the middle of a new animation that has yet to come out. 

Her detective work was at a standstill. She had no new missions, and they were always recorded, so she couldn’t have possibly gotten a verbal mission. 

With his vast knowledge, he knew that detectives do like to stalk out a certain place if it was essential to their mission. But, since she didn’t have a mission, it was odd that she was out here, on a bench, and not asleep in her own home, which wasn’t far away at all. 

He was about to take a step forward, when he paused, rethinking his options. 

UN had threatened to chain him in one spot if he moved ever again. He knew that the slab he was standing on had trackers that would immediately tell any higher authorities. And then he wouldn’t be able to have his free will of movement. Not like he was ever allowed to use it anyway. 

But the mystery . . . his deep blue eyes landed back on her sleeping figure. 

If she was waiting for a person to arrive, it had been decided in person, and not around any cameras or video tapes. And as it was already two in two in the morning, the person clearly had forgotten about it, since Japan had been here for a good five hours already. 
After a moment, he raised his leg, about to take a step off, when he paused yet again. 

What if I just email her? 
The question was ridiculously simple and he almost smacked himself. He had her contact, too, as she wasn’t very secretive about it, and so, with a self-satisfied smile, he started to compose a message.