Chapter 6- First Day at Work

I woke up as early as I could so I could be at my new job early. According to what Mr Ford told me the boss leaves for work quite early and he also comes in late. So I wanted to be at the mansion to see if I could meet up with him to make his breakfast. I took a shower, the last I'll be taking here actually. After taking a shower I got dressed with the clothes I kept separately yesterday after packing all my stuff.

Now fully clothed I took a bag, the one containing a few special things I couldn't let anyone tamper with, my violin bag, and some other things. I gave the apartment one last look, not like I would miss it or anything but it was just normal.

I stepped outside, locked the door, and put the keys in my bag. I would give it to the people coming over to get my remaining stuff.

By 6:54 am I was at the mansion, I dropped my bag in my new room and went into the kitchen to prepare something for the boss.

I was told the boss likes his coffee with no milk, so that was exactly what I made. I also made pancakes and added toppings making it look just perfect. After getting everything ready I set it on a tray as I made my way to the boss's room.

As I got to his room I knocked remembering Mr Ford's words to always knock, it's something anyone would do even without being told, well someone with manners. I got no answer so I assumed he must be in his bathroom. I twisted the door knob and the door was unlocked so I just entered his room. This was my first day and I didn't want to get into trouble. When I got inside it was empty and I heard water running, an indication that he was having his bath. "Sir, your breakfast!" I shouted loud enough for him to hear me.

"Leave it by the bedside table."  His deep voice came, damn you could tell that, that was a man speaking, the voice was rich and filled with power.

Now back in the kitchen, I cleaned up all the mess I made. I needed to unpack my things but the men helping me take them up were not done so I had to wait for them.

I took that opportunity to look around the mansion especially outside because Mr Ford showed me more of the inside and nowhere outside so I had to get familiar with the place.

This place was so big that if I wasn't careful I would miss my way, I found the pool area, there was a table tennis court, a big field more like a football field, perhaps the boss enjoyed playing football.

I was enjoying the view of this place, and still on my little tour, I stumbled upon a very beautiful garden, it was filled with basically all types of flowers one could think of, but the garden looked to be outgrown with weeds like it hasn't been taken care of for months, I decided that I'll add it to my to-do list because, I wondered why the place was left unattended to. I picked a rose and continued on my way.

About an hour and a half I returned to my room. By then the gentlemen already had my things in the room, I just needed to sort them out. I started with my clothes putting them in the closet, then my shoes, not like I really had much.

I arranged my books in a hidden place. Those books weren't for anyone's eyes, gosh I'd die of embarrassment if someone saw the kind of books I read. It didn't take me up to three hours before I finished arranging everything I had. Like I said, I didn't have much.

I knew by now the boss must have left for work so I had his room to clean and I had to check if there was anything that needed to be cleaned. I knocked on his door just to make sure I was right and he wasn't in his room. I knocked about twice but didn't get any answer, which made me conclude that he must have gone to work.

I saw the plate that I used in giving him food empty by the bedside table. I kept the cleaning items I held in my hand as I quickly took the empty plates to the kitchen. The whole house was quiet, apart from the guards and Mr Ford, I hadn't really seen other people around, the whole house was clean but what time did they do all these without my notice? it's my first day after all, I'll get to meet other people with time. I washed the plate and cup returning them to their original spot.

Back in the boss room, I started with his bed sheets first, the sheets looked ruffled like there was a lot of activity that went on on this poor bed, I could even see white stains on the sheets, not wanting to be a judging bitch, I took off the bedsheets and threw  them into the laundry basket. I didn't know where fresh sheets were kept so I went into the boss's closet. Well I mean the shopping mall, what was I expecting? He was a billionaire after all.

I was able to locate the sheets in a special drawer, very expensive bed sheets might I add.

I returned back to the room and dressed the bed, then I vacuumed the floor and cleaned the windows, I noticed that one of the windows was facing directly to the garden I saw earlier. When I was done cleaning the whole room, I took the dirty clothes I found in the laundry basket in the bathroom and the dirty bed sheets, I closed the door back as I made my way to the laundry room, well I didn't know where that was anymore.

I was scanning basically every open door, but still didn't find the laundry room. I was just about to turn another door knob when someone held my hand.

"What are you doing?!"

*********

Thank you so much for your support please don't forget to like and vote.

And I'll appreciate your thoughts on this chapter.