Chapter 6 - Can I call him brother?

"Come quickly, we're leaving." Charles said to Morgan as she got out of bed and grabbed her jacket on the sofa next to her bed.

  "Is Lori coming with?" she asked upon seeing that Charles was ready.

   "Yes, stay with her. I've got to sign some documents. Will meet you in a minute," he replied leaving.

Heading towards Lori's room, Morgan suddenly felt nervous about meeting the new baby.

It was her first time seeing a baby. Her first experience with the baby was not good. The first time she saw the baby, it wasn't breathing. It looked completely lifeless.

She opened the door to see Lori already dressed and set to leave the hospital. Lori smiled at her as she saw her come in.

Lori walked up to her, "Come here," she said pulling her into a warm hug.

                       "Thank you so much for coming back to us, are you okay?" she added.

Morgan's attention wasn't with Lori. She was focus on the baby giggling in the crib. She withdrew from the hug and walked towards the baby, she picked it up, placed a kiss on its forehead and smiled. The baby giggled at her one more time.

Lori was happy seeing them together. She couldn't explain what she felt but she had a feeling that her baby was safe with Morgan.

Charles came in just at the moment.

                         "All good?" Lori asked.    

Charles nodded. He grabbed the bags and they made their way out.

Stepping out of the car, Morgan paused. She was getting these unsettled feelings. She looked up to the ceiling above her like she was trying to find something.

                         "The energy," she mumbled. 

Lori and Charles turned back in confusion. "What?" Lori replied.

                          "It's here," she said one more time.

Charles stepping close to her, "What's the matter with you?"

                           "The energy I felt from that....

that guy that was trying to kill me, it's here."

Charles finally understood what she was trying to say, "Okay we are leaving now, get in the car everyone." He spoke.

Charles quickly got their luggage into the car and they all got in. Morgan was scared. She was concerned about what will become of her if those guys were to find her. She almost did not understand why they were after her or what they wanted from her.

All she knew was stick to this family for they will protect you.

Immediately they zoomed off, a figure was watching them leave on the roof top. He took out his phone form his pocket and dialled some numbers. He sighed with his other hand in his pocket as he waited for the other caller to pick up. The other caller picked up after the third ring.

                           "Hey, this is Wayne.... They just left the hospital. I think I know where they might be heading." He reported to the other caller. The other caller doesn't seem to respond. He ended the call after hearing what he had to say.

                           "Son of a.... I do not care what happens, they have to fucking pay me my money." He blurted just as he left the room top and heading back to the hospital.

*** 

                         "Err.... where are we going," Lori asked when she noticed Charles turned the car to a very familiar road.

                         "To my parent's. What? you've got a better idea."

                         "I think we should lodge in a hotel or something, what if it follows us there." Her brows furrowed in concern.

                         "Can you at least trust me on this?"

                          "This isn't about trust. This is about taking precautions."

                           "Look, I know you're really worried okay, but that's the best I could think of right now. It just for a few days, I promise I will find a safe place for us to stay."

                            "Fine...." she agreed passively. Lori was not still comfortable going to his parents' house with morgan.

She trusts that she can cause them no harm but what about those people coming after her? What if his parent gets hurt in the process? She could not help but get worried.

Morgan was confused. She was just there staring at the both of them arguing. She had no idea what to do but instead diverted her attention to the baby by her side. 

The baby cooed at her the moment she brought out her fingers to it. It wrapped its tiny fingers around it and she smiled.

Charles looked at the rear mirror and saw the connection between them. He also smiled.

                    "I think I like him. Do you mind if I call him.... Brother?" Morgan's question popped out of nowhere. Can't she just read the room.

Charles exchanged glances with Lori as they pulled over in front of a house. It's been three days since they met Morgan. She cannot even remember her own parents. They thought the best they could do for her is let her join the family.

                    "What do you think?" he asked Lori.

Lori turned back to face Morgan, "What do you mean dear? He is your brother since the day he was born," she assured her.

This made Morgan excited, "You mean I can call him Brother, right?" she asked again to be sure.

Lori nodded. She finally looked at Charles and smiled before getting out of the truck. At the same time, the door of the house in front of them pulled opened.

                  "I fucking knew it was you guys," a woman in her 70's came out of the door. She looked beautiful even though she was that old. A man also in his late 70's came out after her. She scurried towards Lori and suddenly held back for a bit.

                   "No, you're joking!!" she shouted having seen her stomach had reduced.

                   "He is here grandma," Lori felt emotional as she gave her a hug. Morgan stepped out of the car with the baby which interrupted them. Charles went ahead to give his dad a hug before going to his mom to do the same thing.

                 "He is here! My grand son is here!" she went over to Morgan and took the baby gently in her arms.

Charles returned back to his father, "You should have called me son. I would have made preparations and visited at the hospital." He complained.

                   "It was going to be a surprise. I didn't want to ruin it."

                    "I must say, it's indeed a surprise," he replied looking at his excited wife with her new grandchild.

                     "Er...who is that?" his father asked upon seeing Morgan.