Chapter 2 - The baby it's coming

Charles and his wife both stared at the mysterious girl sitting on the sofa opposite them while they were at their open kitchen abutted against the counter.

Charles was moving his leg nervously thinking what about what to do and what the girl is likely to do to them, they are not anywhere safe near her.

He is much worried about his unborn baby and pregnant wife. At the same time, she did not look like she could harm them or anything.

She was just sitting there looking innocent with a smiling face. Charles wife couldn't help it anymore she had to ask.

"Is she not the girl on the news? How could you bring her into our home, what if she hurt us? What were you thinking?" she whispered.

"It wasn't me, I didn't do that," the girl protested, having heard what she just said.

Charles took a seat on a sofa just opposite her and sat forward with his elbow on his knees and legs spread from each other. He sighed and looked at the girl.

"What is your name?" he asked.

"Morgan," the girl replied.

"Morgan, I'm Charles, this is my wife, Lori. You can trust us. We're trying to help. Tell us what happened to you and how you got into this mess."

"I don't know, I can't remember but... I know I didn't kill anyone I promise,"

"So, the thing is that you don't remember how you got into this?"

At this point Charles was not getting anything from her, from the way she was dress and her clean nails, it does not appear that she might have murdered anyone recently.

Those murder cases are very much recent. Well maybe she's just another innocent suspect, he thought.

"Charles, you need to see this," Lori said turning on the volume of the tv with her heart beating very fast. Charles rushed over to see what was happening.

"Isn't that her?" Lori asked. She looked at her comparing her picture in the same cloak with the one on screen.

Screaming at the continuous destruction in the city, "The suspect has been spotted 3km down the street about five minutes ago, citizens are to evacuate Clifton city and find shelter.

There is chaos in the city. You need to evacuate now!" The reporter announced. The news stopped rolling when the Image of a figure was caught on camera. Charles and his wife were shocked to see this.

"He was 5 feet, that was the man I saw in the woods," Charles said. Starting to get confused.

There was no way a person would be at two different places at the same time.

"He was the one who tried to kill me, he keeps hunting me," Morgan interrupted from behind. They both looked back at her.

Charles suddenly made his way to his room and opened his closet. His wife followed from behind leaving Morgan in the living room.

Morgan returned back to the sofa and buried her head in her hands. She seems to know something but she couldn't tell since she doesn't trust them yet. She just wanted to be safe so he won't find her.

"What are we going to do about her?" Lori was worried. "Honey, we have to evacuate, you heard that. Whoever is coming for her will get through us first and I have to keep both of you safe." He placed a peck on her forehead and she sighed.

He fondled her pump and returned to what he was doing.

He brought out a suit case and flipped the locked open, revealing a pistol and nineteen rounds of bullets. He assembled the gun and fixed his bullets into it. He turned on the safety.

Lori didn't just stand there either, she made sure she packed some clothes and anything that could be needed into a bag.

"C'mon we should get going," Charles helped his wife with the bag after he kept his gun carefully in his trousers.

Morgan stood to her feet at their appearance.

"Umm... where are you going? Am I coming with?" she asked, having seen their bags.

"Yes, safe place. C'mon," Lori replied holding on to her shoulder as they made their way out of the house.

They got to an airport after some minute drive. Lori had morgana changed into a jean trouser and a plain t shirt. If people were to see her in her cloak, they would think she was the murder.

The airport was no joke. It was filled with people trying to get out of Clifton city. Pushing and struggling to get booked.

They smuggled their way in and booked the next flight. Thirty minutes had passed. They were waiting anxiously for the next flight to arrive.

The plane arrived fortunately and they made their way in. Charles and his wife couldn't help but worried that whoever is hunting her could find them at the airport not until the plane finally took off. They arrived at Boston an hour later.

There was already a car waiting for Charles at the airport, he was handed over the key while Lori and morgana both got into the car. He followed after and started the engine.

"Where are we going?" Lori asked. "My parents," Charles replied.

"Are you crazy? Does that sound like a good idea to you? How long will she keep following us around, you have to do something about her."

"What will you tell your parents? and introducing her you will endanger them too. Have you taught this through?"

Lori simply does not buy the idea that Morgana should be coming with them to their parents' house.

She doesn't know or have an idea of what she's capable of, that worries her more. Morgan was sad, how would she make them realize that she's really not their murderer? At this moment she has started to feel uneasy like she was having a contraction.

She held on to her husband's arm and squeezed it hard trying to breathe and hold on to the pain.

Charles already notice that his baby was on its way, "Is it time? Is he coming," he asked.

"Yes, yes!" she breathed slowly.