positive, auston matthews

𝓦𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝

𝓦𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 . . . 𓂃 ࣪˖ ִֶָ𐀔 ❪ hockey imagines ❫
❝ we found wonderland. ❞
    © 𝟤𝟢𝟤𝟥 ━━ -danify ゚𐦍༘⋆

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

in which [y/n] and auston
find out they're going to
be parents

s.her reader |  fluff  | romantic

Your leg bounced in anticipation. You sat on the edge of your and Auston's bed. It was quiet in the apartment. Auston was at a game, meaning he wouldn't be home for a while. He was bummed when you said you wouldn't be able to make it. You haven't been feeling like yourself over the last few weeks. You and Auston assumed that you caught the bug that had been going around.

However, something in your mind doubted that thought. Something told you to head to the nearest convenience store and buy a pregnancy test.

Pregnancy is something you and Auston have occasionally talked about over the last eight years you've been together. The two of you got married almost four years ago and you've mentioned starting a family but neither of you was sure when the right time would be. You didn't want to rush into anything unless the both of you were certain you were ready.

Nerves tingled around your body. You wouldn't mind having a baby, but you were nervous that Auston wasn't ready for it.

Taking a deep breath, you pushed your body off the bed and made your way into the connected bathroom. Your hand was shaking as it neared the three sticks you used. A gasp escaped your lips at the sight of the lines that indicated if you were pregnant or not.

𓂃 ࣪˖ ִֶָ𐀔

Auston drove home with enthusiasm. He couldn't wait to see you. The team had won the game today and he was thrilled about it. He was ready to get home and cuddle with you on the sofa while you listened to him rant on and on about the game since you weren't there. He also was hoping that you were feeling better.

Before he got to the apartment, Auston stopped by a convenience store and bought you some of your favorite snacks. He figured that they'd make you feel somewhat better.

When he entered the apartment, he was greeted by silence. Usually, he was used to the sound of the living room TV playing one of his favorite TV shows, but today that didn't happen. Auston kicked off his shoes and shrugged off his jacket before grabbing the bag of snacks and heading to your shared bedroom.

"Babe? I brought you some snacks." Auston announced as he walked through the bedroom door. He noticed you sitting on the bench that was placed in front of the bed. You had a conflicted expression on your face, causing Auston to raise his eyebrows in curiosity.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked while dropping down to his knees and resting his hands on your arms. His thumbs gently rubbed against your skin in a comforting manner.

"Auston..." You nearly whisper.

"What's wrong? Are you not feeling well? Should we go to the doctor?"

"I know why I haven't been feeling well." You say.

"What is it?"

Taking a breath, you grabbed the three tests from behind you and slowly brought them to Auston's view. His eyes follow your every move. They hardened at the sight of the test in your hands and your stomach drops.

You watch Auston take the pregnancy test from you and study them. Silence greeted you for a few minutes. Tears nearly threaten to spill from your eyes. You weren't sure what Auston was thinking. His lack of words and his expressionless face were scaring you.

"We're having a baby..." He speaks lowly.

Auston looks up at you with watery eyes and a smile as bright as the sun. He drags your body into him. Now he sat on the floor of the bedroom with his arms wrapped around your waist. You lay against him, your arms around his neck. Both of you let out soft sniffles and happy tears.

"We're having a baby. Fucking hell, we're going to be parents." Auston says against your neck.

You couldn't help but laugh at his words. "I take it that you are happy about this?"

He pulls away from you and studies your face. "Of course I am. I know we don't talk about it much but I've been ready for years to start a family with you. I want us to be parents together, [Y/n]."

You smile at his words and lean in for a kiss.

The two of you spent the night discussing different baby names and how you want to decorate the nursery. Auston even called Mitch to let him pitch in some ideas. Mitch was clear to both of you that he needed to be declared as the baby's godfather which you and Auston laughed about but quickly agreed.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

word count :: 804

hope you enjoyed <3
sorry it's another short one!

𝓦𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 . . . 𓂃 ࣪˖ ִֶָ𐀔 ❪ hockey imagines ❫
❝ we found wonderland. ❞
    © 𝟤𝟢𝟤𝟥 ━━ -danify ゚𐦍༘⋆