names, tom wilson

𝓦𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝

𝓦𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 . . . 𓂃 ࣪˖ ִֶָ𐀔 ❪ hockey imagines ❫
❝ we found wonderland. ❞
    © 𝟤𝟢𝟤𝟥 ━━ -danify ゚𐦍༘⋆

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

in which [y/n] and tom
debate on baby names

s.her reader |  fluff  | romantic

"What about Emma?" Tom suggests as he glances down at the small notebook in his hand. He gently tapped the blue pen in his hand against his chin repeatedly.

You scrunched your nose and shook your head. "It's cute but very common. I wanna go for something different."

You were scrolling through your phone, reading multiple names on multiple different websites. You and Tom recently found out that you were pregnant with a baby girl and you've been throwing names at each other for almost two weeks straight.

"I've been looking at the name, Noa a lot. Without the 'h' at the end." He says. He glanced at you with raised eyebrows. He had been resting his head in your lap as the two of you sat on the outdoor sofa in your backyard. It was a nice Thursday afternoon and the two of you decided to be a little lazy today.

Your day started with sleeping in a little later than usual. Then Tom whipped up some breakfast. He made the two of you some cinnamon waffles with homemade cinnamon and chocolate syrup. He also made you a warm cup of hot chocolate since you couldn't have coffee and you weren't the biggest fan of tea.

Although both of you were extremely excited about adding a new addition to your beginning family, Tom seemed to be thrilled at the thought. Since you found out you were pregnant, Tom was quick to get things prepared. He emptied the spare room in your shared home that was used as his office. He gave away all the big and heavy objects that were inside since he wouldn't need them anymore. He started online shopping for different things for the nursery and was in and out of baby stores almost every day. Since neither of you knew the gender at the time, Tom made sure everything he bought was a neutral design.

One day you came home from work a little earlier than you usually do, and you noticed Tom's car in the driveway. He was supposed to be at practice, you had seen him leave earlier in the morning. Much to your surprise, Tom had completely renovated the office space into a nursery. The walls were painted with a neutral tone and there were shelves drilled into the wall that held different teddy bears and baby toys. He had built not only the crib but also the changing table and the rocking chair. The closet was filled with multiple stacks of baby clothes and blankets. You looked like a deer in headlights when you saw everything.

Since then, Tom has been waiting on you hand and foot. Even though you weren't far long into the pregnancy and can still do active tasks, Tom acted like you couldn't. He barely let you cook, or even walk down the stairs without his support. You truly appreciated how excited and thoughtful he was, but sometimes you grew a tad bit frustrated with his actions.

"I love that." You say in awe.

"Noa Analise Wilson." Tom read out the full name he had thought of. Analise was a name you came up with, but you didn't want it to be the first name of your baby girl.

"That's perfect." You whisper as you look down at Tom.

He grins at you and drops the pen and notebook in his lap. "She's perfect."

"She's not even born yet," You joke. But both of you knew that your daughter was perfect. Born yet or not, you both were completely in love with her and were anticipating the day that you get to hold her in your arms.

𓂃 ࣪˖ ִֶָ𐀔

You gripped Tom's hand with as much strength as you could muster. Beads of sweat dripped down your forehead as you began to breathe heavily.

The two of you had arrived at the hospital about five hours ago. You were at the arena, watching Tom play a game against the Chicago Blackhawks. As the game tuned into the third period, your water broke. You were slightly embarrassed about the horrible timing, however, you were lucky to be in the bathroom when it happened. You instantly asked one of the women in the bathroom to call an ambulance.

After she called for one, she led you outside the bathroom and toward a security guard. Since it was a home game, the security instantly recognized you and was quick to be by your side.

When the ambulance arrived, the guard went to inform the coaches of the situation. When Tom was told what happened, he didn't hesitate to skate off the ice and strip from his hockey gear. He ended up meeting you at the hospital and hasn't left your side since.

"Fucking hell." You groaned as you squeezed Tom's hand.

He was quite surprised at your strength. Tom felt like his fingers were ready to snap by how hard you gripped them.

You dragged his arm towards you, forcing his body to lean down. "You did this to me!" You shouted at him in pain.

His face nearly pales at how scary you sounded. He began to apologize and massage your head. "I'm so sorry baby. But you got this. You're the strongest person I know."

"One more push!" The doctor yelled over the two of you.

You took in a deep breath before pushing as hard as you can. A deep blood-curdling scream escaped your lips as you held onto Tom. Tears brimmed your eyes as you felt your body deflate. It was silent in the hospital room for just a split second before a baby's cry broke the air. You could hear Tom let out a breath of relief once he heard her cries.

"Does the dad want to cut the cord?" The doctor asked. Tom nodded and followed her instructions.

You watched with a blurry vision as two of the nurses took your baby to clean her off. Your eyelids dropped and opened repeatedly. You didn't want to close them until you got to see your baby and hold her.

One of the nurses turns in your direction. She was holding your baby girl in her hands and gently made her way over to you. Shifting in the bed, you reached your arms out even though your body was exhausted. The feeling of your baby being held against your chest brought tears to your eyes. Her big dark eyes poured into your own and she had a soft smile on her lips.

"She's so beautiful." You say to Tom who was leaning over your shoulder.

He was grinning brightly at your daughter. She looked like an angel. Everything about her was perfect.

"She's perfect," Tom said. "Noa is perfect."

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

word count :: 1155

hope you enjoyed <3
sorry for taking forever to
update!! i hope everyone had a
great thanksgiving! (if you celebrate)

𝓦𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 . . . 𓂃 ࣪˖ ִֶָ𐀔 ❪ hockey imagines ❫
❝ we found wonderland. ❞
© 𝟤𝟢𝟤𝟥 ━━ -danify ゚𐦍༘⋆