𝐋𝐈𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐑𝐘

After having her dinner, Vivien bid goodbye to her friends and headed to the library. She found Black sitting in a secluded corner and pouring over a book while taking down notes on a piece of parchment, and a stack of books sat on the table. He was staring down at the book with full concentration, his black curls sitting on his forehead as he slightly bit his lip.

She kept her bag down, and he glanced up at her and said "Evans," he nodded. "You're late. Anyway, start reading and note down the useful points."

Glaring at him, she said, "You didn't specify a time."

Black rolled his eyes at her. "Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you might have the sense to come at least an hour before our prefect duties," he said sarcastically.

She sighed and pulled up the chair opposite him. Time passed without either of them saying a single word, the only sound was the scribbling of their quills on the parchments.

"What are you doing?" Black exclaimed suddenly, startling her.

"Writing," she said "obviously."

"In that handwriting?" he said disgustedly, looking at her untidy handwriting.

"Well, it's a rough draft, so, yes."

"It is, but still, at least write in legible handwriting. I can hardly read this."

She scoffed, "Well, I can, so it doesn't matter."

He glared daggers at her and muttered something inaudible under his breath, then went back to his book.

After some time, she yawned, rubbing her eyes. Then she looked at the time, it was almost time for her prefect duties, which again, she had to do with Regulus Black.

"This is enough for the day, " she said. "We have prefect duties now."

"I do know that," Black said rolling his eyes. Then, glancing at the clock said, "I suppose we can continue tomorrow."

"I can't come tomorrow, I have Astronomy."

"Right, me too."

"What about the day after tomorrow?"

"I have Quidditch practice. So, I suppose the day after that, Friday."

"Alright."

They collected the parchments and tidied the books before heading out. Walking alongside, neither of them said a word.

"Meet me on the 7th floor," Vivien said, "for the duty."

Black nodded, and they went their separate ways.

After dropping her things off in her dorm, Vivien headed to the 7th floor and waited for Black. As they did their patrol in tranquility, Vivien couldn't help but feel a bit awkward due to the silence. As she and Black were always arguing.

"So, when are we going to start making the potion?" she asked, breaking the silence.

"It has to be started a day before the full moon, so, next month's first Saturday." He replied. "And then, it'll take one month to prepare."

Vivien nodded. Then, hearing a noise from the cupboard a few feet ahead, she glanced at Black. They strode forward, and Black threw open the cupboard to find two students from Ravenclaw kissing. They jerked apart as soon as Black opened the door. He glared at them, and they scurried out from there and disappeared through a corridor.

"I will never understand why people want to snog in such a crowded space," Black said looking disgusted.

Vivien laughed, "You will once you love someone enough to do that with them. I don't know why but I have heard love does that to people."

"I'll never do such things, love or not."

"We'll see." She rolled her eyes, "once you find someone, for that, you'll have to reduce your frosty personality a bit."

"I don't see that happening anytime soon."

"Well, then I suppose someone will like you the way you are. I don't know who's idiotic enough to fall for you, I already feel sorry for them," she chuckled.

Black smiled. She stared at him, this was the first time she had seen Regulus Black smile, in her whole life. It was a rare occurrence, and she hated to admit it, but he looked good when he smiled.