𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐘

"Why are you in a bad mood?" Pandora asked as she seated herself across from Regulus at the Slytherin table for lunch, brushing her blonde hair back from her face. She was in Ravenclaw but sometimes sat with Regulus and the Slytherin for meals. He wasn't sure if it was against the rules or not. But that didn't matter, honestly.

He looked at her surprised. "How did you know?"

"I sensed your aura."

He looked at her incredulously, she usually did act weird but at least with a reason and something to back it up. But this was just stupid. "Seriously?" He asked her skeptically.

She laughed at his expression, "Of course not. I just assumed, seeing as you're always in a bad mood."

"I am not." He rolled his eyes.

"Yes, you are. But also, Evan said you were acting moodier than usual."

He sighed. Why couldn't Evan just mind his own business? But then, he had wanted to talk to Pandora.

"I wanted to talk to you about- ..." He trailed off as his eyes strayed toward the Gryffindor table where a certain brunette sat laughing with her friends. A slight smile graced his lips as he watched her. Pandora snapped her fingers in front of his face,

"Hello? Earth to, Reggie."

"Don't call me that," he said, annoyed. Only one person ever had called him that. Not that he ever would again, seeing as they were no longer brothers; his eyes again slid toward the Gryffindor table, but this time, searching for someone else. He was interrupted from his thoughts as he realized Pandora was talking to him

"Y'know, Evan was right. You do seem to be staring at Vivien Evans a lot. Which is strange, considering your views about blood purity." She said. "Unless... do you not believe that stuff anymore? Seeing as Vivien isn't exactly what you would consider 'pure blood'."

Regulus looked at her offended. "First of all, I do not stare at Evans a lot. I never do."

Pandora looked at him pointedly.

"Fine, just rarely. Secondly, why don't you say the 'me staring at Evans'- which I don't - part a little louder. I don't think the entire table heard you." He snapped.

"Also," he continued, "why can't Rosier just mind his own business? Thirdly, I never fully believed in the prejudiced blood system, at least not as much as other Slytherins. And lastly, my views on that topic may be changing, but it's definitely not because of Evans."

Pandora grinned at him as though she had a secret no one else knew.

"What?" He asked warily.

"Oh, nothing, I just realized something." She said. "So. what did you want to talk to me about?"

"Right, so, I may have snapped at Evans for no reason when she was being exceptionally nice towards me."

"Merlin's pants, Regulus, why can't you just be nice to someone for a change? Anyway, what did you say to her?"

"Oh, nothing much, y'know, just told her to mind her own business, that we could never be friends, acted a little curt and..." he trailed off, realizing that he hadn't just acted a little rude, he'd acted like a pompous brat. "Oh. Maybe I do need to apologize to her."

"You think?" She glared at him.

"So, how do I do that?"

"What? Apologize?"

"Yeah."

"Seriously Regulus, you don't know how to apologize?" She asked incredulously.

"Um- No. I don't."

"Just go up to her and say that you're sorry, you acted like such a jerk. And for Merlin's sake, be nice."

He sighed, "Fine."

Regulus wasn't sure when he could approach Evans, considering they couldn't exactly act friendly - not that they were friends - in public. Finally, he decided he'd do it during their Astronomy tutoring the following night.

~~~

Vivien hurried toward the Astronomy Tower, she was already late for the tutoring. Black was going to be furious. But then, that was his usual mood, so why not annoy him a little more? So, she slowed down her pace and took her time climbing up the tower's stairs. Black was probably already upstairs, tapping his foot impatiently. She opened the door slightly, and to her surprise, found him pacing, as though nervous, his gaze on the night sky.

On opening, the door made a creaking noise, causing Black's gaze to snap toward her.

"Finally," he snapped. "Can't you ever-" He broke off and paused for a second as though remembering something. Then- "Never mind."

"Sorry, I got here late. I was helping my friend with the Arithmancy homework."

"It's fine. We should get started," he said and proceeded to adjust the telescope.

Astonished, she looked at him. Something seemed off with him, how on earth had he not said anything snarky regarding her tardiness?

"Right. Okay."

"See, that's the constellation Cassiopeia," he said, pointing the telescope toward a cluster of stars. "It constitutes five stars - Epsilon, Delta, Gamma, Alpha, and Beta."

She nodded, looking at the stars and then noting the names down. Suddenly, Black cleared his throat, she glanced at him. He seemed unnerved.

"Hey, um- can we talk?" He asked.

"Sure...?" She said skeptically.

"Uh- I just wanted to apologize for acting the way I did yesterday - in Potions," he said, looking incredibly awkward and discomposed. "I- I shouldn't have acted in that manner, and I - I'm sorry."

"Is this your first time apologizing to someone, or something?" She asked, laughing. "You look like you would rather kill yourself."

He shot her a glare, "I am making an effort to be nice, you don't have to be snarky all the time, you know."

"Oh, I do know that. But I don't think you do. Especially considering your daily bad mood.

"Why does everyone keep saying that today?" He grumbled. "I'm not - well, at least not always."

"Of course you aren't." She replied cheekily, "You're just a bright ray of sunshine, aren't you."

"Ha, ha," he replied sarcastically. "Shut up."

"Also, I'm fine." He added looking flustered, "Uh- thanks for asking. Like, you know, before - yesterday- um-"

She laughed, she'd never seen him looking so flustered - ever. There was something seriously wrong with him today.

"Yeah," She smiled. "That's - that's good. Great- um- I'm glad."

~~~

A/N : Heyy, how was the chapter? I hope you liked it. Comment your thoughts :)

-- V.