𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐘?

The next day, Vivien found herself pondering about the conversation with regulus black on the astronomy tower. she had been surprised that he still even cared about what Sirius thought of him, considering the Black's blood purity views. She hadn't mentioned it to her friends. It didn't seem like her secret to share.

During breakfast, her eyes strayed toward the Slytherin table and fixated on a particular dark-haired boy. Regulus often glanced towards the marauders, where Sirius sat she noticed, his expression unreadable. As though feeling her stare, his eyes swiveled to meet hers. Under his intense stare, a strange feeling went through her body. She peered into his eyes, wondering about him, wondering if he wasn't as bad as she had thought, wondering that maybe there was still hope for him.

"What are you looking at?" Ava asked.

Ella craned her neck to look in the direction Vivien had been staring. Catching sight of Regulus, she asked, "Black still annoying you, huh?"

"Not much," Vivien replied with a glance toward the said person.

The sight of a crowded classroom met her eyes, as Vivien hurried to the Potions classroom after charms. She had stopped back to ask Professor Flitwick a doubt, which resulted in her being almost late for potions. She entered the classroom and took her seat beside Black, just as Slughorn entered.

"Good morning students!" he exclaimed in a jolly manner. "Today, we'll be continuing the Strengthening solution."

On his instruction, students piled out of their desks to get their potions and the required ingredients. Without a word, or even glancing at her, Black headed toward the cupboard. She watched him go wondering if she should mention last night and ask if he was okay.

She was interrupted from her thoughts as Black came back and placed the ingredients on the desk. The two of them worked in silence, neither of them making snide remarks.

After their potion was finally prepared, a few minutes before the lecture ended - Vivien hesitantly turned toward Black.

"Hey..." she trailed off as he turned to glare at her.

He raised his eyebrows, "What?"

"Uh- are you okay?" She asked. "Y'know, after yester-"

"It's none of your business," he scowled, interrupting her. "I already told you- I don't want your pity."

"You don't have to be rude. I was just asking." She rolled her eyes.

"Well don't, alright? Don't suddenly start acting nice towards me. We're not friends or even acquaintances. We never will be."

"Fine, whatever. I didn't even ask to be your friend. I just asked because I am a good person, who actually cares about others - unlike you." She glared at him and then turned away.

She huffed as she walked out of the classroom with Ava. She couldn't believe she had even given a second thought that Black might be a good person. He was a pompous brat down to his soul, with no regard for anyone else.

"Black?" Ava asked, looking at her amused.

"Yeah," Vivien sighed.

"Y'know, for someone who detests him, you sure think and talk about him a lot."

"That's because he gets on every one of my nerves," she said irritably.

As Regulus departed the Potions classroom, he couldn't help but glance at Evans. He wondered if he should have acted better when she had asked him how he was. It's not like she meant any harm. But, no, never mind, they both were off if they just kept hating each other. Plus, it's not like he could just go up to her and apologize, even if he may have acted a little rudely.

"You thinking about Evans?" Evan Rosier asked, interrupting Regulus from his thoughts.

Regulus turned toward his friend, to find him wearing a mischievous smile. He looked at Rosier warily, "Yeah... why?"

"Oh, nothing," Rosier smirked. "Just funny how often you think about her."

"I was just thinking how annoying she was in potions today," Regulus glared at him.

"Sure you were."

Regulus turned away, ignoring his moron of a friend. He wasn't even sure why Evan Rosier was his best friend. It's not like they had anything in common, apart from playing Quidditch. Moreover, he could be extremely annoying sometimes. But Rosier was a lot more tolerable than the other Slytherins - he was a lot less into dark arts and blood prejudice.

He wondered for a minute if he should take Rosier's opinion as to whether or not he should apologize to Evans, but decided against it, since, he would probably annoy him again by being weird about Evans. Instead, he decided, he would ask Pandora. Merlin, this thing was complicated, he sighed.

~~~

A/N : Hii. Sorry for the late update. Also, I'm making a slight change - Vivien and Regulus will be in 6th year instead of 5th, so the Marauders will be in 7th. Nothing major will change in the previous chapters. Sorry for the inconvenience. Also, tysm to those reading the story, voting and adding it to their library!

-- V.